advertisement

Ukraine IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, you seem very forgetful. Or perhaps you are just too intellectually lazy to search your own posts. In either case, here are two reminders.

1. Post 1956

“You got what you deserve from Putin for your moral bankrupcy, only that so many of innocent Ukrainian babushkas suffer or died. The revenge should be delivered right to the US and UK doorsteps but you are cowards, you hide behind naive Ukr civilians....”

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/ukraine-iv.266843/page-98#post-4710087

2. Post 1047

“Plus in the case of NATO direct attack this war would have finished two months ago. But some of your sons would not be here anymore... Actually it would be fair for all the West warmongers to feel what they forced Ukrainians to feel.”

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/ukraine-iv.266843/page-53#post-4686512

If either of your “revenge” or “direct attack” scenarios ever happened, it would lead to World War III. To think otherwise is foolish.

Nice try using the T***p playbook (deny, deflect, discredit) to avoid taking responsibility for your own words. You are just another self-inflated internet troll and, as Romy’s post from 2011 showed, you have been thread crapping here and elsewhere for a very long time.

So where does it say World War 3? Do you really think that whatever your army is involved in means WW3?

Btw are you an avid reader of Romy's posts or you just googled my nick to find who am I? I must say I'm flattered though I feel a bit like football superstar where rival's constantly changing defensive players on him in a desperate attempt to stop. Changing tactics maybe?

The AIVD prevented a Russian intelligence officer from gaining access as an intern to the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague. The person in question works for the Russian Military Intelligence Service GRU, but he used a Brazilian cover identity to travel from Brazil to the Netherlands.
The Russian intelligence officer purported to be Brazilian citizen Viktor Muller Ferreira (born on 4 April 1989), when in fact his real name is Sergey Vladimirovich Cherkasov (born 11 September 1985). Cherkasov used a well-constructed cover identity by which he concealed all his ties with Russia in general, and the GRU in particular.
An officer of this kind is better known as an “illegal”: an intelligence officer who received a long and extensive training. Because of their alias identity, illegals are difficult to discover. For that reason they often remain undetected, allowing them to carry out intelligence activities.
The International Criminal Court investigates possible war crimes committed by Russia in Ukraine. The ICC is also investigating war crimes that took place during the Russian war in Georgia in 2008. For those reasons, covert access to International Criminal Court information would be highly valuable to the Russian intelligence services.
The illegal was supposed to commence an internship with the ICC, which would mean he would have access to the ICC's building and systems.

The AIVD prevented a Russian intelligence officer from gaining access as an intern to the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague. The person in question works for the Russian Military Intelligence Service GRU, but he used a Brazilian cover identity to travel from Brazil to the Netherlands.
The Russian intelligence officer purported to be Brazilian citizen Viktor Muller Ferreira (born on 4 April 1989), when in fact his real name is Sergey Vladimirovich Cherkasov (born 11 September 1985). Cherkasov used a well-constructed cover identity by which he concealed all his ties with Russia in general, and the GRU in particular.
An officer of this kind is better known as an “illegal”: an intelligence officer who received a long and extensive training. Because of their alias identity, illegals are difficult to discover. For that reason they often remain undetected, allowing them to carry out intelligence activities.
The International Criminal Court investigates possible war crimes committed by Russia in Ukraine. The ICC is also investigating war crimes that took place during the Russian war in Georgia in 2008. For those reasons, covert access to International Criminal Court information would be highly valuable to the Russian intelligence services.
The illegal was supposed to commence an internship with the ICC, which would mean he would have access to the ICC's building and systems.
Surely, a well-fabricated western fake news, like Srebernica.

Srebernica is what you get when the West sits on its hands and is a stark reminder from the not so distant past of what happens when US has disengaged with Europe as it did under Clinton. The UK military wanted to act but would not do so without US support. A shameful episode in Western foreign policy.

Lavrov once again declares (BBC interview today) it’s not a war. Does this mean as far as Russia is concerned they can’t be committing war crimes; whatever they do. Surely he doesn’t think that would wash!

They don't care if we believe it or not. It's mainly for the sake of the 'home audience' seeing a consistent 'message'. SOP for propaganda. Secondary purpose is to feed their trolls, shills, etc.

Some notes from my favorite think tank in UA https://t.me/polochaninov/1274

The visit of the FIG leadership (France, Italy and Germany) to Ukraine can be summed up in the words of Macron:
"We have no right now, at such a difficult moment, to say to Ukrainians, "come later." So we have to give them a signal right now: yes, we are ready to grant you the candidate status"
Strongly! Loudly, clearly and responsibly as usual in a European way!
Somewhere Erdogan began to cry with laughter. Turkey has been a candidate for EU membership since 1999.

Over the years I've often encountered examples where the term "Think Tank" seems to be a synonym for "Cess Pool" because of the unpleasant vapourings they produce. I tend not to put much faith in Think Tanks.

The attempt to compare with Turkey would need to be unpicked in terms of the reasons why Turkey has had problems with matching the social and political norms of most of the EU. Topic for some *other* thread, not as a diversion here.

Over the years I've often encountered examples where the term "Think Tank" seems to be a synonym for "Cess Pool" because of the unpleasant vapourings they produce. I tend not to put much faith in Think Tanks.

The attempt to compare with Turkey would need to be unpicked in terms of the reasons why Turkey has had problems with matching the social and political norms of most of the EU. Topic for some *other* thread, not as a diversion here.
There are, however, some genuinely useful and well-informed think tanks. RUSI comes to mind. I agree with you, though, that most are more accurately described as lobbyists, or shills, hiding behind the smokescreen of the term 'think tank'.

There are, however, some genuinely useful and well-informed think tanks. RUSI comes to mind. I agree with you, though, that most are more accurately described as lobbyists, or shills, hiding behind the smokescreen of the term 'think tank'.

Yes. The problem is - as with various UK 'Newspapers' - all to offten you get dubious opinions or paid-for propaganda presented as 'fact', etc. The UK is hagridden with loads of such 'think tanks' paid for by a wealthy few to push their views. One sign is that they often fail to disclose who pays their wages.

Is RT in your list? ;)))

I did used to watch it some of the time. But I can't say I miss it since the EU took it off air here by cutting its feed status.The crap/fact ratio wasn't very good.

Up to then, though, it was largely bollox in my view, but amusing at times. But don't worry, we still have some entertaining 'news' channels funded by various wealthy people or non-UK governments to push their interests. Shame that you can't watch the BBC. That said, their WS and R4 tend to be better than their news channel. R4 has been running some very interesting series on Putin, and on how the kleptocracts have infected our politics and economy - and indeed our legal system to get it to attack those who object or expose what they get up to.

Ok, you dismiss what you can't watch or listen to. In the UK at least we have a choice about that.

So lucky you are with BBC! Bingo!

Meanwhile:

"Former Marine Corps officer Grady Kurpasi is the third American to go missing in Ukraine, his wife, Heeson Kim, told The Washington Post on Thursday evening. Two other American veterans who have recently lost contact with family are also feared to have been captured by Russian forces."

Btw how old are you @Jim Audiomisc, have you ever heard of VPNs? There's tons of ways how to skip the firewalls if you really want to. Children in kindergarten can do it nowadays. Though I can't see why would anyone do it in order to access any mainstream media - except for scientific reasons.

If you meant Radio 6, I can thnk of an apology but still, there is a life without Steve Lamacq.

Meanwhile, in St. Petersburg, Putin delivers a speech for the few who came to the "Economic Forum."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/6/17/putin-dismisses-stupid-western-sanctions-blitzkrieg
The festival of ethnonationalism. You’d think it was 1722 not 2022:

“We are strong people and can cope with any challenge. Like our ancestors, we will solve any problem, the entire thousand-year history of our country speaks of this,” he said.

Thus spake The Living Fossil.

I agree ethnonationalism is horrible and so passe....

I see no Russian flags though

Never been to the Last Night of the Proms myself - far too boorish an event and in many ways the antithesis of modern classical music. Terrible acoustics at the Royal Albert Hall anyway. OTOH I can highly recommend a visit to Cadogan Hall which is perfect for Concerto music next time your in London. Don’t bring any of that Novachok with you though.

So where does it say World War 3? Do you really think that whatever your army is involved in means WW3?

Btw are you an avid reader of Romy's posts or you just googled my nick to find who am I? I must say I'm flattered though I feel a bit like football superstar where rival's constantly changing defensive players on him in a desperate attempt to stop. Changing tactics maybe?

Batsh*t crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back