advertisement

Ukraine IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect a plenty of Ukrainian flags next to Union Jacks at this year Proms, unless COVID strikes back and it will. Putin will take care of.

No one has deserved to be such a PR tool for BJ.

Actually in reality it would make more sense that Ukrainians teach battle skills UK military given they have zero experience in this type of war.

How long shall Zelensky keep on saving Boris? How low can you be to use Ukrainians to stay in power in the UK?

BBC

We're getting updates from the UK side now, after Prime Minister Boris Johnson made another surprise visit to Kyiv to meet his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelensky.

Johnson offered to launch a major training operation for Ukrainian forces, a statement from Downing Street says.

This claims to have the potential to train up to 10,000 soldiers every four months, which could "fundamentally change the equation of the war".

The proposal would see Ukrainian troops trained in other countries for a period of three weeks each - learning "battle-winning skills" as well as medical training, cyber-security, and counter-explosive tactics.

The statement says the ambition would be to rebuild and increase Kyiv's resistance against the Russian invasion.

Johnson is quoted telling the people of Ukraine that the UK is with them until they "ultimately prevail".

More tripe from the bully.

That one ‘man’ is responsible for so much trouble on the entire planet is remarkable.

BBC

Actually in reality it would make more sense that Ukrainians teach battle skills UK military given they have zero experience in this type of war.

How long shall Zelensky keep on saving Boris? How low can you be to use Ukrainians to stay in power in the UK?

BBC

We're getting updates from the UK side now, after Prime Minister Boris Johnson made another surprise visit to Kyiv to meet his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelensky.

Johnson offered to launch a major training operation for Ukrainian forces, a statement from Downing Street says.

This claims to have the potential to train up to 10,000 soldiers every four months, which could "fundamentally change the equation of the war".

The proposal would see Ukrainian troops trained in other countries for a period of three weeks each - learning "battle-winning skills" as well as medical training, cyber-security, and counter-explosive tactics.

The statement says the ambition would be to rebuild and increase Kyiv's resistance against the Russian invasion.

Johnson is quoted telling the people of Ukraine that the UK is with them until they "ultimately prevail".

I'm sure Boris will appreciate this post - will help his PR EQ score.

So lucky you are with BBC!

Btw how old are you @Jim Audiomisc, have you ever heard of VPNs? There's tons of ways how to skip the firewalls if you really want to. Children in kindergarten can do it nowadays. Though I can't see why would anyone do it in order to access any mainstream media - except for scientific reasons.

If you meant Radio 6, I can thnk of an apology but still, there is a life without Steve Lamacq.

No idea where you thought I referred to BBC R6. For *music* I'm rather more likely to listen to R3. Recommended! :) I have mentioned R4 and the WS. But we do have many BBC and non-BBC radio and TV stations. Some of which are funded/sourced from outwith the UK. You might even like Carsick FM if you want classical music that is level compressed into a pancake. :)

Yes, I've heard of VPNs. If it helps, I started building websites, etc, some decades ago. And my first computing language was FORTRAN. I still have a stack of virgin IBM cards from that era. Partly as a keepsake/curio. Partly because we found one card was a 0.1dB attentuator around 90GHz. So counted stacks gave us precision attenuators. 8-]

I use various means to get TV/radio. Inc the net.

The above has almost nothing to do with the Ukraine invasion by Putin, though So just a diversion, again...

Never been to the Last Night of the Proms myself - far too boorish an event and in many ways the antithesis of modern classical music. Terrible acoustics at the Royal Albert Hall anyway..

I went to one LN. Quite enjoyed it. The people waving flags - of *many* Nations and indeed the LGBTQ+ rainbow - know its just a jolly party to celebrate months of serious listening, and then hope to see people again next year. Agree about the acoustics. But at least it means you get two trumpets for the price of one. 8-] And some items like the Whiteacre prom actually benefitted from it, I'd say.

Wasn't it hacked?
Hit with a DDoS attack made him delay keynote speech by an hour.

DDoS Attack means "Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) Attack" the attacker floods a server with internet traffic to prevent users from accessing connected online services and sites.​

Well, your one good point is that BloJo is a buffoon who wants to be "Churchill". But fear not, we know full well by now that he's a clown and went to Ukaine to get a better welcome than he now would in many parts of the UK. Many of his (soon to be ex-) MPs are now royally pixxed off with him, like the rest of us have been for years.

Given a choice, I suspect many in the UK would be overjoyed to swapsie BloJo with Zelensky. But hesitate only because Ukraine currently has the greater need for a decent leader. Ukraine elected a comedian and got a real leader. We chose a leader and got a clown... or do I mean b'leader?...

However that doesn't change the view most in the UK have: that Russia invaded Ukraine and that this invasion should be resisted and defeated. Just as we can spot a wrong'un in BloJo we can spot a much bigger one in Putin.

So back on the *actual* topic of this thread we find that the main requirement is to support/help Ukraine repel the invasion. Not whine about ever other imperfection in the Universe.

Hit with a DDoS attack made him delay keynote speech by an hour.

DDoS Attack means "Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) Attack" the attacker floods a server with internet traffic to prevent users from accessing connected online services and sites.​
Could he not have just used an overhead projector?

No idea where you thought I referred to BBC R6. For *music* I'm rather more likely to listen to R3. Recommended! :) I have mentioned R4 and the WS. But we do have many BBC and non-BBC radio and TV stations. Some of which are funded/sourced from outwith the UK. You might even like Carsick FM if you want classical music that is level compressed into a pancake. :)

Yes, I've heard of VPNs. If it helps, I started building websites, etc, some decades ago. And my first computing language was FORTRAN. I still have a stack of virgin IBM cards from that era. Partly as a keepsake/curio. Partly because we found one card was a 0.1dB attentuator around 90GHz. So counted stacks gave us precision attenuators. 8-]

I use various means to get TV/radio. Inc the net.

The above has almost nothing to do with the Ukraine invasion by Putin, though So just a diversion, again...

I'm also a classically trained programmer from the early 80s - FORTRAN 5, COBOL, machine programming (assembler) etc.

So we are colleagues! Glad to hear and some pints on me if we ever meet!

More controversive thoughts in the West

https://canadiandimension.com/articles/view/ukraine-war-when-youre-in-a-hole-stop-digging

Ukraine war: When you are in a hole, stop digging

From the start of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Western media have systematically misrepresented developments on the battlefield

Dimitri Lascaris is a lawyer, human rights activist and former candidate for the leadership of the Green Party of Canada. He is based in Montréal.

It is not like only west misrepresented, Russia changed tactics as well. Yes, artillery doing big damage, that is why Ukraine asking so much for long range weapons, they cannot reach Russian artillery, they need to go in, do few shots and move quick away back. Ammunition for artillery also is short supply, factories destroyed. They probably by now have more ammunition for western guns, but not so much guns. More than 90 percent wounded are artillery inflicted. They have parity by soldiers, heavy weapons is what is missing to stop Russian advances. This is WW I style war, hiding in trench. That is what our regular commentator telling.

Some accusing of use mercenaries in Ukraine side. Wagner group in Russia side also is mercenaries. Will they have to be shot as well if captured?

More controversive thoughts in the West

https://canadiandimension.com/articles/view/ukraine-war-when-youre-in-a-hole-stop-digging

Ukraine war: When you are in a hole, stop digging

From the start of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Western media have systematically misrepresented developments on the battlefield

Dimitri Lascaris is a lawyer, human rights activist and former candidate for the leadership of the Green Party of Canada. He is based in Montréal.
Not controversial, just another example of self-hating left.

Attempts at military analysis are basically wrong. Russian push to take over Hostomel airport, establishe an air bridgehead for a strike on Kiyv is exhaustively documented.

Long and meandering, but the whole sorry narrative is essentially a preamble to the author's prescription - negotiate a ceasefire that gives Russia the land they currently stand on, (~20% of Ukraine), before mighty Russia hurts you too bad.

We hear that every day from you.

With political opposition like that, you don't need actual enemies!

Luckily for Ukraine, Canadian greens poll like shit in elections.

Last edited:
NATO behind every corner... Does your own shadow does not look like NATO for you already? This is EU ban for certain goods onto Russia. Not much different than closing air space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back