advertisement

UKIP!

It's pronounced far-raj (amusingly as in Raj - like the popular Indian male name).

No real confusion - very little difference, UKIP is the "acceptable" face of the BNP as far as I can see.

That was my poorly articulated point.

Mekon Farage said today on 1pm news

Of course we'd ban all windmill applications from the off and no more would be built

Speaking as a card carrying green he gets my vote

chaps, is farage pronounced like fabergé?

He pronounces it in a somewhat pretentious manner with emphasis on the 'ar' (as in 'arse'). I pronounce it like garage, carriage, marriage etc as I suspect that would annoy him intensely.

I pronounce it like garage, carriage, marriage etc as I suspect that would annoy him intensely.

tony.

that helps a bit, but not entirely. over here we pronounce carriage and marriage the same, but not garage, which is more like gah-rahj.

vuk.

that helps a bit, but not entirely. over here we pronounce carriage and marriage the same, but not garage, which is more like gah-rahj.

Ok, he'd pronounce it like you pronounce garage. Still hit the nail on the head with 'Raj' as in the Indian pronunciation. It all comes across a bit lower-middle-class 'airs and graces', and as such is rather amusing. I'm sticking with 'Fa-ridge' myself.

It's good to know that people are able to spot bigots so easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the skanky dregs out in my town today, leafleting the place up.

I didn't see a single take up though.

I'm insulting skanky dregs Ian.

That is dirty, smelly people out of the bottom of the barrel.

You'd have to have seen them to appreciate the description.

He's a Gillian Taylforth in a Range Rover type of geezer but something tells me she wouldn't stoop that low.

Dec are you suggesting he enjoys oral sex

Is that a good thing?

I certainly like this man more and more

but dont know who owns him

Confusing ukip & the bnp is an understandable mistake :)
Yes,very understandable. One is a a left wing racist party and the other is not. Of course, if you think that arguing that the ending of uncontrolled immigration, such as we have seen over the last 10 years or more is racist, then we will have to agree to disagree. If you are saying that some of UKIPs supporters are racist then I couldn't possibly argue but that is another issue entirely. Your comment as it stands is completely ridiculous.

Yes,very understandable. One is a a left wing racist party and the other is not.

Barking mad by name ...

Of course, if you think that arguing that the ending of uncontrolled immigration, such as we have seen over the last 10 years or more is racist, then we will have to agree to disagree. If you are saying that some of UKIPs supporters are racist then I couldn't possibly argue but that is another issue entirely. Your comment as it stands is completely ridiculous.

Most odd you feel the need to put words in my mouth, although your flapping around racism & ukip gets 10/10 for entertainment value.
I'm kinda surprised those trying to over-egg the immigration pud haven't tried infinite.
That might be more effective in comparison to unlimited or uncontrolled.

advertisement

Back