advertisement

UKIP!

well to be scrupulous... a little but once they arselicked the labour party and inflicted several pointless yeas of scots labour upon scotland

and their shared neuron was never up to the task. its why snp are now in

i finally decided the libs would suck anything up to 'gain credibility as a party of power'

pointless truly pointless party who will sleep with anyone

One thing that makes me cringe is seeing politicians doing their pub rounds, supposedly chatting to the masses who they obviously regard as something unwanted on the bottom of their shoe, drinking sparking mineral water. Nigel Fahhrajjj....(pissed) likes a pint and some wine. I don't have a problem with that and it doesn't automatically make him an alcoholic. It makes him more normal that the mineral water drinking Gideon, or whoever.

Also, bringing someone that prompts a proper debate and makes people think is not a bad thing at all. He may look like a second-hand car dealer in his camel coat and his hugely wide mouth that makes him look as if the whole top of his head is hinged at the back, but he's made the major parties decide which side of the fence they are on, and that's a good thing. UK politics need UKIP to redefine the battle lines and I welcome him, and I'd rather it be them than BNP.

I just hope that neither UKIP or the Greens make any significant headway beyond doing enough to keep the proper parties on their toes and upping their game. I am, however, absolutely opposed to everything that UKIP stand for.

I just hope that neither UKIP or the Greens make any significant headway beyond doing enough to keep the proper parties on their toes and upping their game. I am, however, absolutely opposed to everything that UKIP stand for.

The huge annoyance is it seems that UKIP are creating a culture where the major parties are starting to pander to tabloid xenophobia and calls for protectionism etc. It signals a move down-market tapping into a very ugly undercurrent. Very disappointing IMO.

One thing that makes me cringe is seeing politicians doing their pub rounds, supposedly chatting to the masses who they obviously regard as something unwanted on the bottom of their shoe, drinking sparking mineral water. Nigel Fahhrajjj....(pissed) likes a pint and some wine. I don't have a problem with that and it doesn't automatically make him an alcoholic. It makes him more normal that the mineral water drinking Gideon, or whoever.

Also, bringing someone that prompts a proper debate and makes people think is not a bad thing at all. He may look like a second-hand car dealer in his camel coat and his hugely wide mouth that makes him look as if the whole top of his head is hinged at the back, but he's made the major parties decide which side of the fence they are on, and that's a good thing. UK politics need UKIP to redefine the battle lines and I welcome him, and I'd rather it be them than BNP.

Wot's'erface from the Greens laid out what amounted pretty much to an old Labour manifesto + a bit of tree hugging sentiment in her PPB last night.

Having taken little notice previously, I found this quite odd.

I can't help thinking there's a bit of a Stalinist undercurrent there.

What does the team think?

Mull

tony i expect thats exactedly what ukips owners want

job done

yes mull to stalinism

but dont visit Sweden if you think the greens are bad

stalinism is also evident in measle matters and boston cyprus and greek and italian euro + matters

or hadnt you noticed the thought police

Speaking as a believer ye ken

is UKIP mainly about providing free wireless internet service to the nation? sort of like the swindon attempt, but on a far larger scale?

btw--tony, what is wrong with protectionism? you went all roundie on us are your now going rightie too?

vuk.

btw--tony, what is wrong with protectionism? you went all roundie on us are your now going rightie too?

I'd argue nationalism and protectionism are the policies of extremes, e.g. you'll find them in both fascism and communism. They have no place in the centre-ground IMO. FWIW I do not even agree with the concept of nation states or national identity.

PS my audio choices are just as centre-ground as my politics; vintage Quad / Tannoy / Garrard / Thorens / SME etc is just good tried and tested well built kit based upon logic and history rather than hyperbole and illusion. I greatly appreciate the apolitical aspect too - it is the ideal kit for a person who runs a place like this to use!

I'd argue nationalism and protectionism are the policies of extremes, e.g. you'll find them in both fascism and communism. They have no place in the centre-ground IMO. FWIW I do not even agree with the concept of nation states or national identity.

tony.

it's understandable that you would believe this given the misinformation, but the economy is dominated by subsidy and protectionism for the big corporations. what certain parties want to do is protect smaller industry and citizens in general. it is a complicated matter but the bottom line is that globalization is only good for the top tier and is a very controlled globalization.

that said, being against nation states is another matter and then you would want community-based protectionism.

vuk.

Let's hope koi returns soon.
He needs to know about this, & inform his workmates too.

Nigel Farage reminds me of hypnotoad (hopefully without the influence)

Their logo of a 1997 Geocities website.

advertisement

Back