advertisement

UKIP!

Anything anyone needs to know with regards to UKIP's credibility can be summed up in the following question: are they the sort of party that would allow disgraced ex-Tory MP / bottom-teir "media celebrity" Neil Hamilton to represent them? I think we know the answer to that one...

Talking of credibility

4 labour MP's have been sent to prison

...and several Tories and one Lib Dem. No party has exclusivity on sleaze, self-interest and corruption, the difference being that UKIP seem to sign-up these dregs after they've been exposed and discredited! Hamilton FFS!

...and several Tories and one Lib Dem. No party has exclusivity on sleaze, self-interest and corruption, the difference being that UKIP seem to sign-up these dregs after they've been exposed and discredited! Hamilton FFS!

Proportionate to the number of MPs in each party, the number of Lib Dem MPs that got into trouble shows them to be by far the least dodgy party. Labour by far the most.

By far the most pertinent factoid is that a former mp is four times more likely to be imprisoned then an average UK resident.

Tony

Madbarkingcat (what a bloody awful name) made a very good point that stupid quips and daft pics will only help UKIP instead of hindering it. UKIP needs to be discredited by facts etc, rather than stupid jokes that most of us would cringe at when we were 12.

The British electorate seems to take sides with institutions that get attacked in this way and Nigel F (however you chose to pronounce his name) just loves this sort of thing as he can play it to his advantage. They can't use facts so they use insults etc. This plays straight into his hands.

Regards

Mick

Tony

Madbarkingcat (what a bloody awful name) made a very good point that stupid quips and daft pics will only help UKIP instead of hindering it. UKIP needs to be discredited by facts etc, rather than stupid jokes that most of us would cringe at when we were 12.

The British electorate seems to take sides with institutions that get attacked in this way and Nigel F (however you chose to pronounce his name) just loves this sort of thing as he can play it to his advantage. They can't use facts so they use insults etc. This plays straight into his hands.

Regards

Mick

Yet unsurprisingly, rather than practicing what you preach, you bat other posters & not the topic.

The appropriately-named "Spanish Wind"

Is that a reference to Mick?

If UKIP is discredited by the type of followers it attracts, is not the same even more true of, say, Marxism? And if not, why not?

Yet unsurprisingly, rather than practicing what you preach, you bat other posters & not the topic.

Is that a reference to Mick?

Learn to read, I never mentioned a single name, so no batting other posters. If you honestly think that posting juvenile rubbish that would insult the intellect of a 12 year old is an effective opposition, then accept the fact you make a marvellous opponent.

If UKIP is discredited by the type of followers it attracts, is not the same even more true of, say, Marxism? And if not, why not?

I suspect it attracts precisely whom it targets. My surprise is with the extraordinarily poor quality of candidates (Hamilton, racists, xenophobes, Twitter gobshites etc). Based on recent events most seem unable even to get through an election campaign without uttering something so spectacularly idiotic or offensive they have to be removed. As an organisation it clearly lacks even the most basic degree of candidate-screening.

Learn to read, I never mentioned a single name, so no batting other posters.

That's right Mick, you were batting a number of posters without mentioning names, rather than the topic. And you continue to do so ...
If you honestly think that posting juvenile rubbish that would insult the intellect of a 12 year old is an effective opposition, then accept the fact you make a marvellous opponent.
I think you are in no position to put words in my mouth, or preach about anything tbh.
But especially anything relating to rubbish posts & ineffective opposition.

I suspect it attracts precisely whom it targets. My surprise is with the extraordinarily poor quality of candidates (Hamilton, racists, xenophobes, Twitter gobshites etc). Based on recent events most seem unable even to get through an election campaign without uttering something so spectacularly idiotic or offensive they have to be removed. As an organisation it clearly lacks even the most basic degree of candidate-screening.

Good article in today's Times illustrates the utter chaos that the party machine is suffering. There are 56 supposed candidates that the party thinks will be in the coming election who it turns out will not because they haven't even registered as candidates properly. Their candidate screening consists of signing a piece of paper that says I have not been a member of the BNP and I promise not to embarrass the party. That's it, no check up, no background scrutiny.

UKIP might well displace the LibDem scumbags. I begin to hope so...but I would rather Labour got the votes.

Anyone who thinks UKIP are anything other than a protest party should read this article in the Guardian showing they haven't actually got any policies yet - well maybe one. (link) This could be the new future of politics - if you haven't got any plans, no-one can prove they won't work. Bingo!

Anyone who thinks UKIP are anything other than a protest party should read this article in the Guardian showing they haven't actually got any policies yet - well maybe one. (link) This could be the new future of politics - if you haven't got any plans, no-one can prove they won't work. Bingo!

It certainly seems to be the approach being adopted by Labour these days.

What's fascinating is how Dave has been a lady for turning. Turning from the big society, every contribution counts to the shrill anti-immigrant agenda being set by an alcohol dependent Arthur Daley figure from the political fringes. I hate to keep repeating it but the man in 10 Downing Street has been remarkably consistent in his lack of integrity. He's easy meat for the likes of Farage and the Tory party know that.

What's fascinating is how Dave has been a lady for turning. Turning from the big society, every contribution counts to the shrill anti-immigrant agenda being set by an alcohol dependent Arthur Daley figure from the political fringes.

Even Labour now say they 'got it wrong' on immigration. With Gordon now relegated to the backbenches, who will do the bigot-spotting now?

It certainly seems to be the approach being adopted by Labour these days.

It's a deeply worrying trend. The most obvious example in recent years being Cameron's Conservatives pre-election. Their glossy airbrushed election campaign would not commit to anything at all. Cameron was off chasing soundbites: hugging huskies, proclaiming green energy as the future, blatantly lying about 'no top-down reorganisation of the NHS', 'no cuts to front-line services' etc, etc. Osborne chose a different strategy and simply hid away from everyone and refused to make any comment whatsoever regarding the catastrophic collapse of the financial services industry, let alone indicate any potential solutions or wider economic policy. This simply staggering lack of voice, strategy, policy or coherence during a period of national emergency was most telling IMO - they just stood back and allowed Alistair Darling and Vince Cable to do all the thinking / strategising / heavy lifting. As such a very ugly ball was set rolling with this entire lack of substance and dependence on vacuous celebrity / soundbite politics. I suspect it will be a very long while until we actually get any meaningful pre-election contract from our self-serving and parasitic political classes.

advertisement

Back