advertisement

UKIP!

Yes,very understandable. One is a a left wing racist party and the other is not. Of course, if you think that arguing that the ending of uncontrolled immigration, such as we have seen over the last 10 years or more is racist, then we will have to agree to disagree. If you are saying that some of UKIPs supporters are racist then I couldn't possibly argue but that is another issue entirely. Your comment as it stands is completely ridiculous.

Technically the party might not promote overtly racist views but it seems its candidates do, here, and here, here, and here..

I suspect that's more likely 'cos the party has learnt it gets you nowhere, and less about fundamental opinion.

I mentioned racism because that is the only possible link between these two organisations which otherwise have no other possible connection that I can see. If you meant something else then please explain what it was, it is rather pointless my trying to guess what it is you are trying to express.

New Stateman give ten good reasons why the BNP is right wing (link), and we know UKIP is. Somehow UKIP have persuaded us they're nice after all - I'll put that down to either good marketing or desperation on the part of the electorate.

Technically the party might not promote overtly racist views but it seems its candidates do, here, and here, here, and here..

I suspect that's more likely 'cos the party has learnt it gets you nowhere, and less about fundamental opinion.

Hmm. Some of these peole are clearly barking, even more than I am. It doesn't actually look as though UKIP think that they are a very good idea either though and have suspended or expelled at least some of them. In case you haven't noticed, there are a lot of nutters in the world. I would imagine that if you are a relatively new party it must be rather difficult to vet everyone who wants to stand as a candidate, because whether you like it or not (and I wil take a wild stab at "not") there does seem to be a growing popular support for UKIP at the moment and hence a lot of potential supporters and candidates that may pretend to agree to a particular platform whilst actually holding incompatible views.

New Stateman give ten good reasons why the BNP is right wing (link), and we know UKIP is. Somehow UKIP have persuaded us they're nice after all - I'll put that down to either good marketing or desperation on the part of the electorate.

I work with a lot of people who are at least superficially intelligent. Let's say roughly 25 -45 age-wise.

Their grasp of even the fundamentals of politics is frighteningly poor.

Rumanian's ate my hamster and turned my lawn lilac... ill beat them to death with a papier mache club made from pure daily mail if they they try it again Nigel... Oh nurse is it time for the injection again :p

Lots of UKIP posters in Kent yesterday, more than any other political organisation is it.

Also, saw a good sticker - 'UKIP - The BNP in a suit'

DS

I mentioned racism because that is the only possible link between these two organisations which otherwise have no other possible connection that I can see. If you meant something else then please explain what it was, it is rather pointless my trying to guess what it is you are trying to express.

Does your cats' breath smell of cat food?

Hmm. Some of these peole are clearly barking, even more than I am.

Don't be so modest! After claiming the bnp to be left wing you appear to be a presidential contender.

It doesn't actually look as though UKIP think that they are a very good idea either though and have suspended or expelled at least some of them. In case you haven't noticed, there are a lot of nutters in the world. I would imagine that if you are a relatively new party it must be rather difficult to vet everyone who wants to stand as a candidate, because whether you like it or not (and I wil take a wild stab at "not") there does seem to be a growing popular support for UKIP at the moment and hence a lot of potential supporters and candidates that may pretend to agree to a particular platform whilst actually holding incompatible views.
Yes, ukip is bound to attract the bat shit right.

2331028.jpg

Perhaps due to all their xenophobic policies & numerous racist supporters?

tony.

it's understandable that you would believe this given the misinformation, but the economy is dominated by subsidy and protectionism for the big corporations. what certain parties want to do is protect smaller industry and citizens in general. it is a complicated matter but the bottom line is that globalization is only good for the top tier and is a very controlled globalization.

that said, being against nation states is another matter and then you would want community-based protectionism.

vuk.

I wish people could move more freely. Who really owns anything anyway?

so nothing but mud

mud

inglorius mud

the comments here are surely indicative of why ignoring and denigrating in this case N Farage

did sweet FA to stop the creation of fascism and a hitler to ceed it in 20. germany

what did u do during the peace daddy?

Hello Still.
Well, you can't beat a good insult rather than try to argue a point I always think. I see that when I suggested that your probable link between these 2 organisations was based on an assumption that both were racist you said that I was "flapping around racism" and putting words in your mouth but that does seem to have been your point.
I describe the BNP as left wing because they believe in, for example, state ownership of key industries, increased worker protection and more funds for the NHS, none of which could really be said to be on the right wing of the political spectrum. They are also, in my opinion, fundamentally unpleasant. There is an argument to be made that UKIP are unpleasant and should not be supported by any right thinking person but what I am reading here, from you and others, is not argument but repetition of platitudes that assume that your world view is correct. It's neither helpful nor informative and certainly isn't likely to persuade others that you are in the right.
Monty Python once defined argument as a reasoned series of statements designed to establish a proposition. Try it sometime, you might enjoy it.

Well, you can't beat a good insult rather than try to argue a point I always think.

This sort of thing?

... what I am reading here, from you and others, is not argument but repetition of platitudes that assume that your world view is correct.

Monty Python once defined argument as a reasoned series of statements designed to establish a proposition. Try it sometime, you might enjoy it.

I see that when I suggested that your probable link between these 2 organisations was based on an assumption that both were racist you said that I was "flapping around racism" and putting words in your mouth but that does seem to have been your point.
Wrong assumption again.
I describe the BNP as left wing because they believe in, for example, state ownership of key industries, increased worker protection and more funds for the NHS, none of which could really be said to be on the right wing of the political spectrum.

Imo it would be prudent to expand your evaluation of bnp policies before reaching any holistic conclusion as to where they sit on the left/right axis.

They are also, in my opinion, fundamentally unpleasant. There is an argument to be made that UKIP are unpleasant and should not be supported by any right thinking person but what I am reading here, from you and others, is not argument but repetition of platitudes that assume that your world view is correct. It's neither helpful nor informative and certainly isn't likely to persuade others that you are in the right.

I'm not trying to persuade anyone any more then you are. Do you consider your world view as correct?
Anti racist/xenophobic opinion/comment only become platitudes when organisations such as the bnp, edl & ukip are history imo.
But of course you are also entitled to your opinion.

advertisement

Back