advertisement

Trump Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borowitz Report* has this pic, with headline Three Russian Spys Meet in Oval Office:

Borowitz-Trump-Russians-690.jpg

*satire

Love it. Who are the two Brezhnev era stooges with Sregey BTW?

O...M...G...again!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/...ey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html?_r=0

In an interview yesterday, former acting AG Sally Yates said Michael Flynn broke the law. Today we learn that Comey filed an FBI memo right after his meeting with Trump, stating that Trump asked him to drop the Flynn investigation.

If you hit a NYT pay wall, this news has been reported by other sources.
Time for Trump to release those tapes that prove his version of events is the true one. I won't hold my breath.

I used to dread the news every day as a new absurd Trump executive order would appear, now I actually relish the news waiting for a new Trump relevation. Even Fox news today seemed to change stance anticipating perhaps a Trump fall. How much more has to occur before the Republicans abandon Trump in an attempt to save face?

On a separate note , for any Fishies in the US, can you watch Fox's Tucker Carlson without relating him to that kid in high school you just wanted to punch I the face for no reason:p

Martin, me too. I'm not a morning person, but I'm finding myself eager to switch on the radio early, to hear what he's done now.

It's really great entertainment. The best.

On the Republicans, I think it is rapidly getting to the point where saving face is not going to be enough. I'm starting to think that the party will be dragged down so far by this it'll not recover for a very long time.

The problem is Trump still enjoys the support of the vast majority of his base. As long as he keeps that he is unlikely to be unseated.
The mid-term elections will be interesting but that is still 18 months away.

^^^ His base can be turned, they stand to lose their health care, Ford are talking about cutting jobs in the US, the wall will never get built and tax cuts are way down the road if at all.

In the meantime Trumpster is being outed as the liar and arse that he is.

A couple of good attack ads would get that over to the base.

Tony Schwartz is back with some more great insight into Trump:

"Trump was equally clear with me that he didn’t value — nor even necessarily recognize — the qualities that tend to emerge as people grow more secure, such as empathy, generosity, reflectiveness, the capacity to delay gratification or, above all, a conscience, an inner sense of right and wrong. Trump simply didn’t traffic in emotions or interest in others. The life he lived was all transactional, all the time. Having never expanded his emotional, intellectual or moral universe, he has his story down, and he’s sticking to it."

"His aim is never accuracy; it’s domination.

Trump derives his sense of significance from conquests and accomplishments."

"The Trump I got to know had no deep ideological beliefs, nor any passionate feeling about anything but his immediate self-interest.

Over the past week, in the face of criticism from nearly every quarter, Trump’s distrust has almost palpably mushroomed. No importuning by his advisers would stand a chance of constraining him when he feels this deeply triggered. The more he feels at the mercy of forces he cannot control — and he is surely feeling that now — the more resentful, desperate and impulsive he becomes."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...is-rooted-in-his-past/?utm_term=.cbe4261cea3b

The problem is Trump still enjoys the support of the vast majority of his base. As long as he keeps that he is unlikely to be unseated.
The mid-term elections will be interesting but that is still 18 months away.

I watched a documentary the other night on Sky in which their US correspondents travelled around the US interviewing the population about Trump. The Trump supporters' acceptance of his incompetence and lies beggared belief. How the likes of Amanda Walker and co kept their calm with such idiots is beyond me.

Putin says he has the tapes of his ministers meeting with Trump.

Are they with all the others?

Will they be released unedited?

Do us all a favour a release the pi$$ tapes.

^^^ His base can be turned, they stand to lose their health care, Ford are talking about cutting jobs in the US, the wall will never get built and tax cuts are way down the road if at all.

In the meantime Trumpster is being outed as the liar and arse that he is.

A couple of good attack ads would get that over to the base.

As long as an authoritarian leader keeps 'fighting' the core of people bonded to him stays loyal. I think it's genetic. Trump will keep 25% until he surrenders or dies.

more voter fraud, and again, perpetrators are by Trump Staff for Trump

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-michigan-guilty-election-fraud-a7449046.html

Though we know as fact that he garnered the minority of votes I'm thinking the US elections at this point will have to be nullified and the real winner, Hillary sworn in... you just cannot have a traitor as a President.

Nullifying an election would be unprecedented and incredibly legally messy. I can hardly see it happening without something like a revolution to push it through. Trump could enable that by doing something horribly stupid, like calling on his mob to do violence on his behalf, but that sort of strife is nothing to be wished-for. Short of that, it's the constitutional line-of-succession, and Hillary's not in it.

I watched a documentary the other night on Sky in which their US correspondents travelled around the US interviewing the population about Trump. The Trump supporters' acceptance of his incompetence and lies beggared belief. How the likes of Amanda Walker and co kept their calm with such idiots is beyond me.

There it is. They 'know,' but it doesn't matter. He is their Big Man, he is their Leader, the bond has been forged, and they will stay loyal until he dies or surrenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back