advertisement

Trump Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump's last Tweet. Now deleted.

Has the brain finally gone? It's inevitable that we'll find out on Twitter when it does.

No follow-up Tweet, as of yet.

C_uU1TcXgAYF3ti.jpg

Perhaps he's trying to learn French phonetically?

Lots of scuttle-butt about the state of the FBI investigation into Trump and his partners-in-crime. FBI probe links them into laundering Russia money, racketeering, conspiracy with foreign governments and election / data rigging.

Lets hope the orange one and his family see jail time. Supposedly Orin Hatch - 4th in line is getting security briefings to get him up to speed to be POTUS. Pence and Ryan are both involved in the wrong-doing.

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/14/exclusive-sealed-indictment-granted-against-donald-trump/

Lots of scuttle-butt about the state of the FBI investigation into Trump and his partners-in-crime. FBI probe links them into laundering Russia money, racketeering, conspiracy with foreign governments and election / data rigging.

Lets hope the orange one and his family see jail time. Supposedly Orin Hatch - 4th in line is getting security briefings to get him up to speed to be POTUS. Pence and Ryan are both involved in the wrong-doing.

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/14/exclusive-sealed-indictment-granted-against-donald-trump/

Well the patribotics stuff is agreeably hopeful, but don't know if one can place any credence there. All they cite is unnamed 'sources.'

Admittedly, I tend to believe the NY Times when they do that, but these guys aren't the NY Times.

Would be great if all this is true, but I will believe it when it actually happens. don't want to get my hopes up too much!

Both Mensch and Taylor are manic in their Twitter habits. And both are (overly) fond of retweeting praise about themselves.

So while it's not hard to believe that Trump is heading for impeachment, it's also not hard to believe that Mensch and Taylor are slightly unhinged themselves.

I'd not trust Louise Mensch to tell me what day it was! She was always on the wrong side of everything when a career politician.

Both Mensch and Taylor are manic in their Twitter habits. And both are (overly) fond of retweeting praise about themselves.

So while it's not hard to believe that Trump is heading for impeachment, it's also not hard to believe that Mensch and Taylor are slightly unhinged themselves.

They are definitely slightly bonkers and winging it. But then they have been right about a few things when everyone said they were wrong, so they obviously have some sources.

Besides it's slightly cheering to read in these dark times.

The slightly jarring note for me is that if I were planning to do something which would royally piss off some humungously powerful people, I probably wouldn't telegraph it to the world and his wife beforehand.

I think the part about the rapid arrest of the President is...exaggerated. The Senate can exercise certain police power, through the office of it's Sergent at Arms, to enforce the rules of the Senate. These include it's Rules of Impeachment. Under those, the Senate acts as a court, and can issue subpoenas and writs, contempt warrants, etc. But:

1. No impeachment exists until the House of Representatives votes for it.
2. Trump can ignore a subpoena to testify in his own cause, as the Constitution protects any person from having to testify against themselves.

Now if someone else, for example Pence, were to be impeached, Trump might be subpoenaed to testify in that case, and might, if he refused, be subject to arrest for contempt of the Senate.

But attempts to vote some arrest of Trump on emergency grouds do not seem to me to have constitutional basis. On the contrary, note the constitution expressly forbids bills of attainder. This is all pretty unprecedented and subject to people making things up as they go. I'm sure Trump has bodyguards who'd resist an effort to arrest him, even if the Secret Service decided to step aside.

The slightly jarring note for me is that if I were planning to do something which would royally piss off some humungously powerful people, I probably wouldn't telegraph it to the world and his wife beforehand.

Yes, if it's at all real, it's a serious and unfortunate breach.

The reason it's all getting so excitable is because is because this is not like regular conspiracy where you are expected to believe in massive cover ups by half the country, but actual facts and prime facie evidence of serious crimes. Something is going to happen about all this and inevitably speculation and half-informed rumour is going to fill the gaps until that point.

I don't see how firing Comey can do anything to stymie an on-going FBI investigation. So that bit I'm not buying at the moment.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back