advertisement

Trump Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like folk are beyond discussing if there will be Downfall but rather when and where.
Will it be?
A). Trump arrested by his own Praetorian Guard in the Oval Office.
B). The Trump clan scuttle back to the bunker under 5th Avenue and hand out the cyanide.
C). Recreate the final scene from Scarface down at Mar-a-Lago.

Nullifying an election would be unprecedented and incredibly legally messy. I can hardly see it happening without something like a revolution to push it through. Trump could enable that by doing something horribly stupid, like calling on his mob to do violence on his behalf, but that sort of strife is nothing to be wished-for. Short of that, it's the constitutional line-of-succession, and Hillary's not in it.

We are in unprecedented legally messy waters already. If the evidence upholds that elections were influenced by a foreign power, all bets are off.

Nullifying an election would be unprecedented and incredibly legally messy. I can hardly see it happening without something like a revolution to push it through. Trump could enable that by doing something horribly stupid, like calling on his mob to do violence on his behalf, but that sort of strife is nothing to be wished-for. Short of that, it's the constitutional line-of-succession, and Hillary's not in it.

Given that she won the popular vote, and the Republican candidates will, by then, have been removed from office as unfit to serve, is there not at least a logical argument that she should be elected, because her votes should count for more than the electoral college results for a (by now) totally discredited party?

If it comes to a successful impeachment, I'd be very surprised indeed if the outcome was anything other than finding an untainted Republican and giving him/her the Presidency.

I watched a documentary the other night on Sky in which their US correspondents travelled around the US interviewing the population about Trump. The Trump supporters' acceptance of his incompetence and lies beggared belief. How the likes of Amanda Walker and co kept their calm with such idiots is beyond me.

I'm watching 'man in the street' BBC News interviews here in the UK with equal disbelief. Not about Trump.. but about Labour v Tory.

Variations on :

"I've always voted Labour and I like their policies but I don't like Corbyn so I'll vote for Mrs May.."

Unbelieveable. These people really do not deserve the vote.

Mull

It sounds like folk are beyond discussing if there will be Downfall but rather when and where.
Will it be?
A). Trump arrested by his own Praetorian Guard in the Oval Office.
B). The Trump clan scuttle back to the bunker under 5th Avenue and hand out the cyanide.
C). Recreate the final scene from Scarface down at Mar-a-Lago.

C). "Say hello to my little friend..."

images

I'm watching 'man in the street' BBC News interviews here in the UK with equal disbelief. Not about Trump.. but about Labour v Tory.

Variations on :

"I've always voted Labour and I like their policies but I don't like Corbyn so I'll vote for Mrs May.."

Mull

I also heard that, and my reaction was much like yours. OMOV is fine, until the country gets dragged off a cliff by the combined weight of morons like that pulling on the rope.

Variations on :

Mull

Well, I dunno. These people might take the view that the policies look fine on paper, but that Corbyn et al cannot be trusted to deliver on them. Or maybe the thought of Diane Abbott as Home Secretary has put the fear of God into them. 'I don't know what she does to the enemy sir, but by God she frightens me', as the Duke of Wellington almost said.

Well, I dunno. These people might take the view that the policies look fine on paper, but that Corbyn et al cannot be trusted to deliver on them. Or maybe the thought of Diane Abbott as Home Secretary has put the fear of God into them. 'I don't know what she does to the enemy sir, but by God she frightens me', as the Duke of Wellington almost said.

Well, a fair point but having listened to the words coming out of their own mounts, I rather doubt the decision was anything like as carefully considered as that.

Variations on :

Mull
Did they go out of their way to find Tories who are switching their vote because their preferred party has become UKIP by any other name? No, thought not.

Nope.. I think that the awful truth is that such people really are as stupid as they sound.

Variations on :

Mull
The BBC and CH4 have been finding such people and letting them air their views on a daily basis. You'd think they didn't want Labour to do well, and were on the same side as the Tories/UKIP.

Oh wait...

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Funny, that one isn't repeated a great deal....

It means democracy must uplift the masses. Is it the usual view from 6 decades plus of age, or have the masses really been going downhill in my lifetime?

We are in unprecedented legally messy waters already. If the evidence upholds that elections were influenced by a foreign power, all bets are off.

Well, there is the 2000 election to look at, where the Supreme Court cut through all the legal mess and handed the election to George W. That would be a precedent. Still, I think your logic goes further than would fly. Looks to me like President Orin Hatch is the best we can hope for, and that is a distinctly 'relative' best. Still, he has kept his honor clean, for a politician.

And even that requires the much worse Paul Ryan to go down in flames, which is no sure thing at all.

The BBC and CH4 have been finding such people and letting them air their views on a daily basis. You'd think they didn't want Labour to do well, and were on the same side as the Tories/UKIP.

Meanwhile McCluskey of Unite says that a successful result for Labour would be for them to get fewer seats than Milliband got in the last election, and their worst result than the 1930s...

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...in-election-would-be-200-seats-says-mccluskey

Naturally Jeremy has said that he won't resign if he leads Labour to their worst defeat in 80 years.

As I posted upthread Orrin hatch is in the frame and supposedly being briefed to take over as POTUS. Pence and Ryan are supposedly implicated in indictments, drawn up and presently sealed, relating to laundering or Russian money in the GOP campaign.

Most likely Trump will resign for medical reasons before impeachment and try to cut himself a deal. He's toast.

Such are the rumours from parties that have been proven correct on many previous Trump-related leaks.

The champagne is on ice and the popcorn is warming in my house.

Ryan is linked to all this, allegedly laundering Russian money according to 'well placed sources'... that's why Hatch has been briefed?

Meanwhile McCluskey of Unite says that a successful result for Labour would be for them to get fewer seats than Milliband got in the last election, and their worst result than the 1930s...

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...in-election-would-be-200-seats-says-mccluskey

Naturally Jeremy has said that he won't resign if he leads Labour to their worst defeat in 80 years.

Perhaps he measures success in spite of the massive slur campaign against Corbyn's Labour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back