advertisement

Trump Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are a woman and have the temerity to speak back to a man, this is all too common. This sort of thing is everywhere.

Society's norms are shifting sands. What is perceived as overt sexism at home is utterly normal and acceptable where I am in SE Asia. Whilst I support the empowerment of women and sex equality, it would also be remarkably naive to pretend such social change does not come at some cost to all - men and women alike.

Equality comes at the expense of teamwork in many cases. Teamwork is ultimately more rewarding and efficient in the majority of situations in my experience.

None of which is meant to defend the bile spouted by this idiot - I'm astonished that Twitter allows such offensive material to appear on their site.

Staying focussed: Trump is riddled with Russian connections, scared shitless what will happen if he really is outed by compromising dossiers, his dealings with russia are murky at best, the scuttlebutt from forensic accounting shows a good chance he is probably bankrupt and trading insolvently, he will not release his tax details, the republicans are being outed as the two faced liars they are -- Trump cannot employ members of his cabinet without them lying under oath while in positions of power, getting caught and then backing down.

It's amazing how republicans and John and the "Johns" nazi propaganda sites are not shouting "lock him up" with Pence's exact replication of Hillary's email scandal. The double standards are obvious.

Incidentally this may have dropped under the radar:

‘You’re in deep shit’: Lawmaker alerts Trump if phones were ‘tapped’ a judge found ‘probable cause of crime’

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ping-trump-tower-election-white-a7611826.html

Society's norms are shifting sands. What is perceived as overt sexism at home is utterly normal and acceptable where I am in SE Asia. Whilst I support the empowerment of women and sex equality, it would also be remarkably naive to pretend such social change does not come at some cost to all - men and women alike.

Equality comes at the expense of teamwork in many cases. Teamwork is ultimately more rewarding and efficient in the majority of situations in my experience.

None of which is meant to defend the bile spouted by this idiot - I'm astonished that Twitter allows such offensive material to appear on their site.

If you are a woman and have the temerity to speak back to a man, the above is all too common. This sort of thing is everywhere.

JK Rowling lives in a fantasy world of magical mystery and monsters.

Seeing as we are gendersplaining everything: to be accurate she writes about 'a fantasy world of magical mystery and monsters', she lives in a very real world of licencing deals, film, scripts and balances it with presumably tax deductable philanthropic and charity work but is also very vocal about the erosion of Christianity by republicans who are anything but and voices her disgust at the kinds of sexism and ableism you completely obliviously propagate. In 2012 it was revealed she had given away an estimated $160 million to charity -- about 16% of her net worth.

16999108_1295704027131821_1050874867831388193_n.jpg

The name of that group (Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity) just pushed the needle on my bullshit detector into the red zone. A good rule of thumb is that any organisation (or website) that has to add the words "... for sanity" at the end of its name is probably not sane at all. For example:

https://cbdakota.wordpress.com/

https://climatesanity.wordpress.com/

On the substantive point (Trump's connections with Russia and how it may or may not have influenced the election) there should be a full investigation. I don't see any smoking gun right now but there are a number of established facts (see the video matthewr posted + Trump's refusal to publish his tax returns, the lying under oath of Sessions, the hacking of the DNC server) not to mention the claims in the British spy's "dodgy dossier" and whatever the CIA (claim to) know that hasn't been made available to public. It smells funny.

The name, of course, includes the uncivil assertion that their opposition is insane. It's a marker of extremism.

Can you give a specific example of this? It will help us understand if you include as much detail as you can. Thanks!

Whilst I support the empowerment of women and sex equality, it would also be remarkably naive to pretend such social change does not come at some cost to all - men and women alike.

when i look at the twitter exchange that prompted this posting from you, i am baffled at the analysis and struggling to see any meaningful cost to society that could be reduced by doing away with the norms that make us cringe at the vile, aggressive outburst. was the impulse to defend it really your primary/immediate reaction?

the teamwork in a conversation (if we can call the twitter exchange that) is trying to appreciate the perspective of the other person, allowing them to speak and offering a polite, logical rebuttal, if deemed appropriate. beyond that, your claims are as broad, vague and meaningless as something a motivational speaker would throw up to a group of chin-stroking businessmen.

vuk.

Incidentally this may have dropped under the radar:

‘You’re in deep shit’: Lawmaker alerts Trump if phones were ‘tapped’ a judge found ‘probable cause of crime’

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ping-trump-tower-election-white-a7611826.html

claire.

as stupid as trump is, i don;t think many would deny he has an instinct for waging petty social battles (part of his depraved business culture). perhaps he knows he is in trouble and this is a preemptive attack meant to prepare his base of obama haters to fight back for him.

if he is actually brought down, what do you expect the reactions in the streets to be?

vuk.

Whilst I support the empowerment of women and sex equality, it would also be remarkably naive to pretend such social change does not come at some cost to all - men and women alike.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hard to shock but that is shocking! What an utterly vile bloke.

I would have taken him to court. Every day I would go with a turd in Tupperware (other containers are available). When he loses and the judge asked for me for my input, I would ask for my expenses covered and for the fool to eat the Richard III. It's only fair and good enough for Divine.

I would struggle with teamwork in a sexist environment. I can't figure out how you get teamwork in a divided situation. I'll enjoy the usual backtrack on this, with something like "where there are physical differences". I work with a power lifter and some stereotypical computer programmers. Actually both are as bright as each other but (you'll have seen this one coming) the female powerlifter etc.

It's not perceived as sexist over here. Many women are happy to take care of the man and the children and in return expect the man to earn the money to put food on the table.

They don't appear to see that as demeaning - just the best way to live together and to raise a family.

I don't see a problem with it. Where sexism raises it's head is when the husband doesn't respect the wife for the work that she is doing.

Now by all means tell me that's sexist. I couldn't care less. It appears to make people happy here and children aren't farmed out to foreign nannies for three hours a day and get healthy home cooked meals prepared from fresh ingredients.

Anyone who thinks twitter or facebook is beyond compromise is stupid. Anyone who uses it to inform them of anything important, or anything at all, is stupid.

It's not perceived as sexist over here. Many women are happy to take care of the man and the children and in return expect the man to earn the money to put food on the table.

They don't appear to see that as demeaning - just the best way to live together and to raise a family.

I don't see a problem with it. Where sexism raises it's head is when the husband doesn't respect the wife for the work that she is doing.

Now by all means tell me that's sexist. I couldn't care less. It appears to make people happy here and children aren't farmed out to foreign nannies for three hours a day and get healthy home cooked meals prepared from fresh ingredients.

You are a disgrace to men and a coward who has chosen to live in a place that allows you to get away with such mediaeval oppression.

How old are you and how old is your muslim girlfriend? Who owns the bar you have advertised here so often? I ask the latter because in Thailand there are rules about immigrants owning property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back