advertisement

Trump Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave it a week, be the same old spiel, I can't see the point in listening t, life's too short.
More important immediate problems to deal with in this country.

If the guy is going to cause world war 3 as many seem to believe, then you may as well live your lives to the fullest while it's possible.
Surely better than fretting everyday about a knob like Trump.

Turn off your tv & don't read a newspaper or internet article for 6 months, I doubt anyone here would know anything was happening outside of their lives.

If US citizens take this attitude, then Trump wins.
Its exactly what they want non-Trump supporters to do.

I don't see him lasting more than a few months because it seems clear to me that the establishment are working to undermine him.

Not because he's a racist, an authoritarian, a supremacist or whatever, but because he wants detente with Russia.

That's no good for the military industrial complex. It needs Russia to remain as the bogeyman so the whole gravy train keeps steaming ahead.

The real worry isn't Trump, it's Pence and the other Neocon maniacs he'll position around him when Trump has been ousted.

We might be wishing Trump was back after a few months of them...

Trump's press conferenference was "fabulous" according to this plain-speaking chap:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Gorka

He's being interviewed on Newsnight now and is a complete and utter c*ck. Needless to Say Evan Davis is letting the lying tw*t get away with it. Where's Paxo when we need him?
The interview with Gorka is worth watching but have your blood pressure tablets ready. Almost everything he says is a lie, larded with condescension about mainstream media "fake news". It's breathtaking.

I'm somewhat stunned by the procession of lying pond-life Trump uses as his spokespeople - Kellyanne Conway, Stephen Miller and now this *sshole.

The one interesting point to emerge from the interview is that Trump and his team see it as an integral part of their communication strategy to bypass mainstream media (Korda constantly referred to them as "fake news") and connect directly with their supporters through Twitter etc. I guess it's obvious really, but it was interesting to hear it straight from the Trump camp.

The one interesting point to emerge from the interview is that Trump and his team see it as an integral part of their communication strategy to bypass mainstream media (Korda constantly referred to them as "fake news") and connect directly with their supporters through Twitter etc. I guess it's obvious really, but it was interesting to hear it straight from the Trump camp.

It is classic hard-right/fascist behaviour. Facts have no place in an extremist ideology be it religious or political. The alt-right's 'fake news' chant is straight from the Goebells playbook.

PS Same argument can be made for the extreme left too, e.g. Stalin would never have accepted a free press either.

It is classic hard-right/fascist behaviour. Facts have no place in an extremist ideology be it religious or political. The alt-right's 'fake news' chant is straight from the Goebells playbook.

PS Same argument can be made for the extreme left too, e.g. Stalin would never have accepted a free press either.

The free press, otherwise known as 'the establishment' by the Trump shills hereabouts.

The interview with Gorka is worth watching but have your blood pressure tablets ready. Almost everything he says is a lie, larded with condescension about mainstream media "fake news". It's breathtaking.

I'm somewhat stunned by the procession of lying pond-life Trump uses as his spokespeople - Kellyanne Conway, Stephen Miller and now this *sshole.

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3043675&postcount=639

I only caught isolated bits, plan to watch the whole gory spectacle later. The bits I saw on C4 News were just astonishing, the incomprehensible jibbering of a brain-damaged child.

PS I'll take the opportunity of a thread split to cut the rest loose and hope we get back onto the topic. .

Good timing Tony, with him entertaining one of the nastiest, most dangerous racists on the planet simply because he's an Israeli.

With luck they can manage some MAD activity and we will be rid of them both. Watching their press conferences however I'm sure their supporters would get along nicely.

The man is clearly unfit for office. It's just going to be interesting to see how the establishment remove him.

Trump's press conferenference was "fabulous" according to this plain-speaking chap:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Gorka

He's being interviewed on Newsnight now and is a complete and utter c*ck. Needless to Say Evan Davis is letting the lying tw*t get away with it. Where's Paxo when we need him?

This is what is so infuriating about the BBC sometimes. They say that they have these 'characters' on air in the name of 'balance', but if they are not challenging such utter and blatant lies then they appear to be normalising such behaviour, and thus, by extension, Trump. This is probably the most idiotic and dangerous thing to do, and is as far from 'balance' as is possible IMO.

This is what is so infuriating about the BBC sometimes. They say that they have these 'characters' on air in the name of 'balance', but if they are not challenging such utter and blatant lies then they appear to be normalising such behaviour, and thus, by extension, Trump. This is probably the most idiotic and dangerous thing to do, and is as far from 'balance' as is possible IMO.

I think it partly depends on the programme. Sometimes, the interviewer just keeps paying out the rope, knowing the viewers are smart enough to see the interviewee for what he is. I'm not sure how effective that is (clearly pfm members read him right, despite Davis' lack of challenge) because I don't know what percentage of viewers to the programme are Sun and DM reader types who would lap it up. I suspect not many, which may be why Davis just let him run and condemn himself out of his own mouth, rather as SCROTUS did in that presser.

Sebastian Gorka? Sounds like an interesting character.

Gorka was detained January 31, 2016 at the Ronald Reagan Airport in Washington D.C. for attempting to board a plane with a 9mm handgun in his luggage. The gun was confiscated by Transportation Security Administration officers and Gorka, after being detained and issued with a criminal summons, was permitted to board his plane.[14] He was later charged with a weapons offense, arraigned, and booked in June 2016. Gorka entered an Alford plea in August 2016.

Although Gorka was convicted in absentia of criminal reckless driving in the interim while on pre-trial probation, the charges were dismissed on February 3, 2017 by Judge William T. Newman Jr. Newman's wife, BET co-founder Sheila Johnson, is connected socially with Donald Trump

So that's an example of a good judge I presume?

Glad to see there are some who can be trusted by the President.

The head of news at the BBC is the former editor of The Times, James Harding. At one point he worked as a negotiator for MP Oliver Letwin, the then Minister of State for Government Policy in Cameron's cabinet.

An educated guess would be Harding is a Tory and the BBC News reflects this.

As an aside, Harding oversaw The Times when it ran an article called In Defence of Israel during the Gaza offensive.

May has acted like Mrs Trump, holding Donald's hand, and obviously doesn't want to upset him because of the Brexit.

This could be why the BBC is so lame when dealing with Trump and his supporters. Somebody did manage to get a halfway decent question in yesterday during Trump's chaotic press conference. It is the first I've heard from the BBC in three weeks.

Jack

In fairness I think Evan Davis did as well as an Evan Davis, Emily Maitlis or Kirsty Walk type interviewer could. He did try to challenge, but was just droned out. These just aren't challenging attack-dog types of interviewer, and in situations like this it is a severe weakness. Gorka would certainly have met more than his match had James O'Brien been hosting that night and I'm pretty sure Andrew Neil would have taken him apart too had it been the Daily Politics rather than Newsnight. In many ways it still worked as Gorka looked a total and utter cock, i.e. the core fact of the matter came across!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back