advertisement

Trump Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often wonder whether Putin has kompromat on Trump, and Putin has given Trump kompromat on Giuliani, Lindsey Graham, (or more likely Putin has kompromat unknown to Trump and has ordered Giuliani, Graham to do Trump's bidding). Trump seems to have a near mystical ability to bring out the absolute worst in everyone around him.
Good point. Given their previous behaviour and often expressed opinions, their current behaviour (and 180° about-turn on the part of Graham) has to make one wonder, why??? As Napoleon famously said, there are two levers for moving men, interest and fear. I started off by assuming interest, that these guys were in it to make a killing. However, there may also be at least partially fear factor of some sort there.

Good point. Given their previous behaviour and often expressed opinions, their current behaviour (and 180° about-turn on the part of Graham) has to make one wonder, why??? As Napoleon famously said, there are two levers for moving men, interest and fear. I started off by assuming interest, that these guys were in it to make a killing. However, there may also be at least partially fear factor of some sort there.

I'm guessing it's also partly envy. Putin has what is effect unlimited power, and has been able to extend his time in office indefinitely. Trump, by contrast, is constrained by the Constitution, and by the federal nature of the US, to certain limited powers. When his four or eight years are up, that's it, off he goes, and any successor can swiftly undo most of what he achieved (whatever that may be). In addition, the US courts have recently given him several loud raspberries. So, even though (indeed maybe because) Putin openly laughs at Trump, Trump still sees Putin as a role model.

Yes, Trump just likes strong, nationalist dictators and thinks its the right way to run a country. It's not just Putin, but Erdogan and Duerte as well.

Even had a little holiday bromance with Kim Jong Il

"I was really being tough and so was he... and we would go back and forth. And then we fell in love. No really. He wrote me beautiful letters... They were great letters. And then we fell in love,"
-- Donald Trump, The #45th Prez. of the Banana Republic of America

Hopefully not paywalled.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/07/opinion/giuliani-trump-ukraine.html

"...
Some longtime Giuliani intimates point to the death on July 7, 2016 of his longtime best friend and political adviser, Peter Powers, as the moment that Rudy lost his way. Others cite Rudy’s marriage in 2003 to Judith Nathan, his soon-to-be third ex-wife, as transformational. Rudy was a pizza and Diet Coke guy when I met him in 1992. But he became an Upper East Side and Hamptons socialite and, worse yet, a Palm Beach neighbor of Donald Trump."
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/bor...rc=footer_unit_borowitz&utm_term=TNY_Borowitz

TyphoidTrump is steering the US plague ship against the rocks while the world watches in pity & sadness.
It's a shame that democracy died in the US some decades ago as what we see now are the results of the will of the majority of the population being ignored

TyphoidTrump is steering the US plague ship against the rocks while the world watches in pity & sadness.
It's a shame that democracy died in the US some decades as what we see now are the results of the will of the majority of the population being ignored

And he is no doubt enjoying every minute of it.

And he is no doubt enjoying every minute of it.
I believe he has come face to face with his own incompetence which he can't talk his way out of
Covid-19 turned out to be the perfect storm (but horrific price to pay for the US people) - the perfect vehicle for exposing his incompetence, lack of empathy, malignant narcissism, & all the other personality flaws he has (the upcoming book from Mary Trump will be a psychologist's treasure trove).
But remember it's the GOP that are the issue - he's just the tip of the iceberg.

I believe he has come face to face with his own incompetence which he can't talk his way out of
Covid-19 turned out to be the perfect storm (but horrific price to pay for the US people) - the perfect vehicle for exposing his incompetence, lack of empathy, malignant narcissism, & all the other personality flaws he has (the upcoming book from Mary Trump will be a psychologist's treasure trove).
But remember it's the GOP that are the issue - he's just the tip of the iceberg.

Agree - though I think Trump thinks Trump is wonderful (and perfect) - he's essentially have a relationship with himself in that regard. As for the GOP, they have turned into a troop of flying monkeys.

Agree - though I think Trump thinks Trump is wonderful (and perfect) - he's essentially have a relationship with himself in that regard. As for the GOP, they have turned into a troop of flying monkeys.

Trump *is* perfect. Just ask Trump, and he will tell you.

WARNING: This video contains both Trump and Hannity. Side effects of watching include anger, nausea and possibly vomiting.

Trump, by contrast, is constrained by the Constitution..... When his four or eight years are up, that's it, off he goes

I'm sure I came across a report somewhere that (when he assumed a second term was a foregone conclusion) Trump tried to start a movement for Constitutional reform that would allow further terms for such an obviously outstanding POTUS. True or false? These days it's hard to tell.

Reading today about a healthy credulity in childhood (vis a vis parents), and the dangers of that continuing into adulthood, prompted the obvious (simplistic?) notion that both Donald and the majority of his supporters have just never grown up. They remain totally irrational and egocentric for life. And surely racism has its roots there, too?

I'm sure I came across a report somewhere that (when he assumed a second term was a foregone conclusion) Trump tried to start a movement for Constitutional reform that would allow further terms for such an obviously outstanding POTUS. True or false? These days it's hard to tell.

Reading today about a healthy credulity in childhood (vis a vis parents), and the dangers of that continuing into adulthood, prompted the obvious (simplistic?) notion that both Donald and the majority of his supporters have just never grown up. They remain totally irrational and egocentric for life. And surely racism has its roots there, too?

Trump musing about extended tenure has been recorded. I agree that childlike persons with undeveloped critical thinking skills are more likely to be more racist. But the actual root of racism is the division of people into rival groups, groups that compete, or that may be perpetrators/victims of exploitation. We easily develop hate in these circumstances. Hate is the war and victimization emotion. It enables us to cancel our general amity/cooperation attitudes toward certain others, instead making it seem like a great idea to do bad stuff to them. Basically, first enemies/rivals/victims are designated, then we hate them.

Trump *is* perfect. Just ask Trump, and he will tell you.

WARNING: This video contains both Trump and Hannity. Side effects of watching include anger, nausea and possibly vomiting.

He's also very humble. Similar warnings re-effects of viewing.

From the outside in, Trump is constrained by the Constitution but the Constitution is a watery beast and open to interpretation. Trump exploits that, and if he continues to lag in the polls he will just up his 'do whatever it takes to win' game plan.

The Israeli move to annex swaths of the West Bank is no surprise, nor is the timing. They know they need US support to pull it off, and see that Trump's days are probably numbered. Hence the rush to make hay while the sun shines.

The Israeli move to annex swaths of the West Bank is no surprise, nor is the timing. They know they need US support to pull it off, and see that Trump's days are probably numbered. Hence the rush to make hay while the sun shines.

The sudden move against the Affordable Care Act is similarly motivated, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back