advertisement

Trump Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
massive difference in perception exist between democratic and republican voters. the way fox has presented the virus news is certainly contributing factor. nice, albeit shocking, report from TYT here:

i think a class action suit by half the american population should be filed against fox.
Jesus, that was chilling. I’d never heard of Trish Regan. She’s evil. Made me think there’s only one talking head missing-

via Imgflip Meme Generator

what happened to him?

Who on earth tweeted this?

One of the many nut jobs over there.

Given the sheer amount of guns in circulation there, I have a bad feeling about how this situation is going to play out in the US.

The thing that might save them from turning into the Hunger Games is that they are pretty much self sufficient in food production, and there’s a lot of slack in their systems, so they can ramp up production if needs be.

We live in scary times right now, and it is not the Chinese virus that I'm talking about.

How can a man like Trump closely court the religious base (Easter - a beautiful time/full churches bla bla bla) when he has a record like him? I just don't understand how the Christian community stands behind him.

We live in scary times right now, and it is not the Chinese virus that I'm talking about.

How can a man like Trump closely court the religious base (Easter - a beautiful time/full churches bla bla bla) when he has a record like him? I just don't understand how the Christian community stands behind him.

Because Religious America is a hybrid fundamentalist/evangelical entity and anyone can be born again/forgiven. All you have to do is say sorry to god in a very public manner. See Jim Bakker et al for how easy it is to play the credulous.

It's scary watching Trump on Fox today. It's almost as if he's been watching my PFM account which is both embarrassing for me and makes me feel I should STFU...

Of Mike Pence's arse licking... 'Pyongyang-on-the-Potomac style'...nice!
Mike Pence claims to be "a Christian first". Now I realise that, in terms of actual practice, "Christian" means something different in the USA, because it is seen through the lens of US exceptionalism, shining city on the hill, and, in a way, the successor to Biblical Israel as a nation uniquely set aside to achieve God's purposes on earth, but surely it must dawn on Pence that the boss is anything but Christian, and that all his compromises and boot(and other places)-licking are the very antithesis of what he allegedly believes. Or is he merely biding his time, ready for the top job when Trump stumbles sufficiently badly? If things went sufficiently badly, would he withdraw his support from Trump, which would pull out the evangelical rug from under Trump's feet? In a way, I'm a bit surprised that this wasn't a possibility during the impeachment affair. Or is he a full believer in the idea of being Daniel to Trump's Nebuchadnezzar, something to which to many evangelicals adhere?

Last edited:
End Times. I thought Pence was a follower/believer Tones? How better to help?
He undoubtedly is. Moreover, he may also subscribe to Dominionism, the belief that "Christianity" has to take over the Government in order to bring the Kingdom of God on earth, for Jesus to return to. These folk tend to forget (assuming they ever knew) that the last time anyone tried to bring the Messiah, it didn't work out so well - the Jewish revolt in AD66, when they believed that God would never allow his Temple to be destroyed. Unfortunately, the Almighty did not see it that way, and 4 years later, when Titus and his legions had finished, there was not only no Temple, but no Jerusalem either.

Last night's performance was both predictable and extraordinary at the same time.

This is genuinely scary for me - far more scary than any virus doing the rounds. He most likely will get another term as his base will put the economic chaos down to the pandemic rather than accepting a collapse was coming anyway this year.

He is clearly declining mentally - seemingly at an exponential rate rather ironically...

To see an ageing man, who cannot use a teleprompter and who struggles to even read a script (let alone keep his mind from wandering off of it), appear in front of his home nation's media in a time of crisis, as the leader of the free world, is possibly the most frightening visual example of where 21st Century democracy has led us to date.

Last night he was rambling about the wonderful, upgraded Armed Forces and the new missiles and tanks his administration had supplied them with. I'm sure this was just what Marion in Louisville needed to hear whilst watching her two sons playing basketball on the driveway. Yet Marion will vote for him later in the year.

We need social media to now be seen as a virus and to be handled as such I'm afraid. The global echo chambers that it is creating are becoming more and more dangerous as each new generation reaches adulthood. To think that the man benefiting most from it's army of subservient zombies is allowed to claim that anyone challenging the process is presenting "fake news". Last night, you could see the incredulity in the faces of many reporters following his "answering" their questions.

So, looks like the stimulus in the states is a scam, at least for the little guys.

d3bb9c270a8ddd88e4aaca1184e14476.jpg

Welcome to giving yourself an interest free loan - see you at tax time.

It quite possibly will not even be a loan come Christmas time should Will from Wyoming still be laid off will it?

A question that really does need an answer or a projection of some kind from Mnuchkin and Trump. Where will they be come the end of August?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back