advertisement

Trump Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
EUD8R06U0AEWqyn

EUAr4CmVAAMPYgR

He's on again now. CNN live.

Man he's terrifying. He says it's a lovely day and is now struggling to read the names of the members of the G20 from him script whilst praising the borders and the military...

Essential viewing. He is suffering from early stage dementia. Watch.

Now he's complaining about the fake news being corrupt. He really does need hospitalising. If he was your grandad, rambling like that, you would call a nurse after you left.

Obama left him with nothing. Remarkable FEMA supply of 6000 ventilators. For 75,000 cases.

He's going to kiss and wave the navy ship good bye - pointing out it will be a good photo opp...

I'm not making this ***t up...

He is totally out of his depth. He is either heavily medicated or drunk. I have never seen anything like it in my life.

Yes, everyone in the USA wants to go back to work and practice social distancing and washing their hands.:rolleyes:

Oh, and he has troops up here in Canada, apparently.

It IS shocking every night isn't it Craig? Watching it live is genuinely essential to grasp just how bad he is.

Is he sober? Is he heavily medicated?

Yes, it is shocking, and so exasperating that I find myself unable to stomach watching again for a while.

On some level, I really do feel ashamed/embarrassed for those in the USA with functioning brain stems. Clearly, half of the nation is barely .2 above plant life.

I have to cross-post this from the Coronavirus thread, because, whilst the orange arse was embarrassing his country, the USA has finally become No. 1 again...

The USA just 'Trumped' both Italy and China with 82,404 confirmed cases! (source Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center @ 3/26/2020, 5:37:36 PM (-05:00 GMT).

'People are really surprised I understand this stuff.' Donald J. Trump
p0867khd.jpg

Please! CNN are "fake news" anyway and treated as such. Call him out. Treat him with equal disdain. A network owes the American people that IMHO. There should be a fascinating virtual town hall tonight at 8pm Eastern Time which will involve Bill Gates. Gates, if I'm remembering correctly (which would be rare!) famously predicted that this would be the threat to the global society and that this would happen - that a nuclear war would not.

That someone is able to project this to the Trump base and to increase his polling figures must surely demonstrate just how broken the democratic model is in the age of digital media platforms?

And don't forget that Bill Gates was very involved in Event 201 last October in NYC, so he should have some interesting insight.

Indeed. Didn't it project something like eighty million deaths worldwide?

All this whilst Trump was upgrading his military and aiming for hypersonic missile capability. Yet his base continues to rally behind him.

We live in scary times right now, and it is not the Chinese virus that I'm talking about.

How can a man like Trump closely court the religious base (Easter - a beautiful time/full churches bla bla bla) when he has a record like him? I just don't understand how the Christian community stands behind him.

It makes perfect sense really. Considering all the other convoluted supernatural nonsense and magical thinking they believe, swallowing Trump's noise is a piece of cake. Or as one analyst likes to say, "The left take Trump literally but not seriously; the right take Trump seriously but not literally".

All this whilst Trump was upgrading his military and aiming for hypersonic missile capability. Yet his base continues to rally behind him.
Actually fairly logical, history shows us that severe economic depressions, as the virus is causing, lead to bombing your competitors to rubble

It makes perfect sense really. Considering all the other convoluted supernatural nonsense and magical thinking they believe,

Didn't Fauci say something along the lines of "If you believe in science then trust us to do it's work. If you believe in God, science IS God?" last night? Does he have PPE - something like a Colt and an AK47?

Considering all the other convoluted supernatural nonsense and magical thinking they believe, swallowing Trump's noise is a piece of cake.

I think that is much less widely appreciated outside of the US when people look on in amazement at what the people will accept. The wilder views held by many groups, particularly the religious fundamentalists or just plain mentalists, pre-date anything Trump drones on about. He's a lightning rod for all sorts of previously disparate groups.

I think that is much less widely appreciated outside of the US when people look on in amazement at what the people will accept. The wilder views held by many groups, particularly the religious fundamentalists or just plain mentalists, pre-date anything Trump drones on about. He's a lightning rod for all sorts of previously disparate groups.
While he’s had the NRA and assorted militias on board for a long time, locked and loaded, he’s not fully weaponised the fundamentalist vote yet but I think he’s on the brink of it. Crudely welding his “cure worse than the disease/ get back to work America!” onto “wouldn’t it be beautiful to see the churches filled on that beautiful day? really beautiful”.
Is he just bluffing or is the commander and chief ordering religious mass gatherings to take place during a pandemic?

While he’s had the NRA and assorted militias on board for a long time, locked and loaded, he’s not fully weaponised the fundamentalist vote yet but I think he’s on the brink of it. Crudely welding his “cure worse than the disease/ get back to work America!” onto “wouldn’t it be beautiful to see the churches filled on that beautiful day? really beautiful”.
Is he just bluffing or is the commander and chief ordering religious mass gatherings to take place during a pandemic?
There seems to be some evidence that the severity of the Covid-19 experience is related to how much virus you are exposed to. So, small viral load: no, or mild symptoms. Big viral load: acute respiratory distress.
Trump’s base seems more likely to continue to interact, go to church, have barbecues and social gatherings. Whereas his opposition seems more likely to observe sensible social isolation policies. Might we see a bit of Darwinism in action here, in the next few months?

If Trump allows mass gathering of his base at this time, I can see him going the way of Ceausescu or Mussolini when it all goes tits up.
Ditto for Bolsonaro.

If Trump allows mass gathering of his base at this time, I can see him going the way of Ceausescu or Mussolini when it all goes tits up.
Ditto for Bolsonaro.

Trumps base is incapable of putting 2 and 2 together- literally as well as figuratively. After the total shitshow of the past 3.5 years I’m convinced nothing will turn them. They need deprogramming like the folks who are rescued from cults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back