advertisement

Tory Leadership Runners and Riders

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he was great. Just less rubbish than Cameron and Johnson (a low bar, I admit).
It's getting so low they have to limbo dance under it now. (And none of them are for the high-jump).

I didn’t and haven’t said I don’t understand him. I was referring to his workmate, who had listened for an hour, had seemingly grasped the key points, yet immediately made it clear that none of it, however well-explained, had sunk in.
You’ve shifted from “sounding off” to “well explained”. Much better.

Liz Truss’s father is distraught about his daughter’s “conversion to extreme right-wing politics” (Independent). As he should be. I’d disown her, write her out the will etc.

Penny’s crew announced they’d fall in behind Liz4Leader while Rishi was mid stream during his show. He’s toast alright. What new facts brought about Penny’s Damascene conversion? After all it was war only a week ago-

“PENNY MORDAUNT supporters are set on revenge against Liz Truss after blaming the Foreign Secretary for hostile media briefings against the former Tory leadership candidate”.

Could it be one of the great offices of state?

Looking more and more like Truss as I predicted at the start. :)

A shame it’s any of these disasters though, they really shouldn’t be in govt but 4 times in 9 years these people were elected.

Consider what has happened over the last 12 years. Unnecessary austerity, brexit, thousands of unnecessary deaths from covid, all down to policies of the tory party and there is much more than those headlines, yet I expect a 5th win in a row soon.

We’re all entitled to vote as we wish, so no problem, carry on. However, people need to understand their contribution to this shit by their refusal to support the opposition because of placing any of <anti-Corbyn, anti-semitism propaganda, Ed’s bacon sarnie, idealism and grubby nationalism> top of their agenda. Now we have “anti-Starmer”, you’d think they want Truss as PM, more tory govt just to complain endlessly.

Anyway, good morning all. :cool:

The pair of them are saying anything to ingratiate themselves with the party members. Cutting income tax rates substantially and dispensing with the sugar tax are regressive policies and smell of desperation.

Truss is plucking figures out of the air, and dreaming up bonkers policies on the hoof. Continuity Boris.
Yes. So is Sunak. Both are useless but the whole party is clueless. You have to wonder why people don’t do what it takes to vote them out.

advertisement

Back