advertisement

Tory Leadership Runners and Riders

Nationlisation!
Back of a fag packet....cap energy prices at the August 2021 level plus 5% which is essentially a larger increase for inflation by the time you take energy out of the calculation for the last 12 months. Whatever it takes to prevent the economy crashing.

Then nationalise the energy companies, all they do is bill people anyway, and nationalise others such as water.

Trouble is, any intervention is directly opposed to core tory ideology, it’s why we need a new govt. The people who voted for this lot, and/or helped enable them to a majority in the last 3 GE’s, plus the 2010 effort of the lap-dogs to enable austerity, shouldn’t be forgiven or allowed to forget the part they have played in this.
Don’t disagree with any of that, but the question Labour will have to answer is how will it pay for nationalisation and what is to stop a Tory government selling it off again when they get back into power?

Don’t disagree with any of that, but the question Labour will have to answer is how will it pay for nationalisation and what is to stop a Tory government selling it off again when they get back into power?

Energy, food and health care are the three most important items that a country requires for it's citizens otherwise the game is up so you make energy and food as important to the people as the NHS then the sh!ts will never be able to sell energy and food production off without people being at the door of parlaiment.

I think, though, that one should consider that this is an unprecedented economic crisis sweeping across the whole world, it is not a specifically UK problem, whatever one thinks of today's Tory/Labour leaders and their respective parties. Even a government coalition made up of God, Churchill, Galbraith and Keynes would have some difficulty knowing what to do. And, in my opinion, PR would certainly re-jig the whole system, but would not bring on a glorious New Dawn.
Yes, any government would have to manage the current crisis, but the U.K. is doing worse than it’s counterparts. Obviously the willingness to spend on tackling this crisis is key and neoliberalism, especially as implemented by the Tories, will only allow for spending if it is followed by yet more austerity. It would be possible to fund spending by taxing the rich and thus avoid austerity, but I doubt that would gain a great deal of traction.

PR won’t help until there is an alternative to vote for. PR cannot on it’s own create alternatives.

Energy, food and health care are the three most important items that a country requires for it's citizens otherwise the game is up so you make energy and food as important to the people as the NHS then the sh!ts will never be able to sell energy and food production off without people being at the door of parlaiment.
But the NHS has been in crisis for years and people keep voting for the party that makes it worse, and like I say, even if nationalisation was a vote winner, how will it be paid for and if the Tory party can then sell it off again, all you are doing is funding the friends of the Tory Party again.

Last time I saw that on here it was attributed to MI5!

MI5 believe it to be four meals.

They presumably reckon people will sleep on it and see if they get any breakfast. If they do, the revolution is off. If not...

Pretty sure it's quoted in Das Captial and attributed to Marx.

Been a long while since I've read it though so I may well be mistaken.

I think Lenin more widely attributed to have said it.

In any case, revolution sometime within two days of no food would appear a certainty.

I think, though, that one should consider that this is an unprecedented economic crisis sweeping across the whole world, it is not a specifically UK problem, whatever one thinks of today's Tory/Labour leaders and their respective parties. Even a government coalition made up of God, Churchill, Galbraith and Keynes would have some difficulty knowing what to do. And, in my opinion, PR would certainly re-jig the whole system, but would not bring on a glorious New Dawn.

All that may be true, but thanks to the CHAOS, we have in waiting the most unqualified, incompetent, and idiotic person to step in as Prime Minister in a couple of weeks time. In essence she is the worst possible leader we could have in normal times, let alone a crisis of this magnitude. It's like letting a roadsweeper (say, Trigger) be in charge of a nuclear power station.

We would have to rely on Mary Truss being sent out to calm the nation. At the Downing Street podium. Probably at 5pm. Fluffing her words and acting in a decidedly odd manner.

So we would likely see the revolution begin shortly after that. On the first day of no food. Around 5.15 to 5.30pm.

All that may be true, but thanks to the CHAOS, we have in waiting the most unqualified, incompetent, and idiotic person to step in as Prime Minister in a couple of weeks time. In essence she is the worst possible leader we could have in normal times, let alone a crisis of this magnitude. It's like letting a roadsweeper (say, Trigger) be in charge of a nuclear power station.
She’s no worse than any of the other tories, imo.

Its getting like that all over the world. Political heavyweights, even middleweights, seem to have disappeared. I wouldn't be surprised if Kim Kardashian ran for President.

Another farcical debate tonight.

Live here.

At Wembley chuffing Arena. :D The deluded idiots (and that is the two contenders and the audience) think this is some form of entertainment.

PS Iain Duncan Smith has just walked out to a heavy rock backing track. :confused:

Live here.

At Wembley chuffing Arena. :D The deluded idiots (and that is the two contenders and the audience) think this is some form of entertainment.

PS Iain Duncan Smith has just walked out to a heavy rock backing track. :confused:
That shower should get a room and limit it strictly to only fans. It’s ****ing grotesque. Haven’t they heard of Zoom?

A smiling Truss walks out to an upbeat pop song.

A classic case of Nero fiddling while Rome burns. Albeit a stupid Nero playing the fiddle terribly.

We would have to rely on Mary Truss being sent out to calm the nation. At the Downing Street podium. Probably at 5pm. Fluffing her words and acting in a decidedly odd manner.

So we would likely see the revolution begin shortly after that. On the first day of no food. Around 5.15 to 5.30pm.
What’s the betting Liz -How Do I Get in Vogue Magazine?-Truss has already got a Margaret Hilda meets St. Francis of Assisi little Downing St. moment already planned? It’s all theatre, all front but we’re not talking RSC, more Clacton Theatre Royal, live streamed on the telly in some Wolverhampton swingers club with a blocked jacuzzi.

Michael Gove currently living out his stand-up comedian pantomime dame fantasy.

We're seeing an interesting new take on the tired Trump/Hitler rally format tonight. Probably testing out what they have in store for entertaining the public when the economy collapses.

Live here.

Oh god, I just opened the link- Gove is on, striding around the podium like Caligula in some low budget Roman circus knock off. LBC hanging banners- all we need is Nick Ferrari to show up. It’s manky.

advertisement

Back