advertisement

Tory Leadership Runners and Riders

I see oligarch chancellor and leadership bidder Rishi Sunak is waging war on The Good Law Project (Twitter). It makes one wonder what a billionaire with remarkably obfuscated family business, tax and national residency affairs might have to worry about from fair and open legal scrutiny and public accountability?

PS A government actively going after legal scrutiny is obviously one of the indicators of fascism. “Enemies Of The People”, “Left Wing Lawyers” etc all have their echoes in Nazi Germany just as they do in the USA thanks to Trump’s far-right cult. People need to recognise exactly what path the modern Conservative Party is on right now and give them no place to hide. Please consider funding Good Law Project. We need to collectively fight this shit!

I wonder how many spoilt ballot papers there will be? ,mainly of the "We still want Boris" type.
A campaign to trend #Borisontheballot would be fun especially if Truss wins with less votes than someone not in the running :)

I did not realise until this weekend that there will be 15 year old members of the Tory party voting for their new leader.

I did not realise until this weekend that there will be 15 year old members of the Tory party voting for their new leader.
I blame the parents. What 15 year old kid identifies as a Conservative enough to join as a member in their own right, unless they’ve been indoctrinated.

Thanks. There's an abundance of articles about her in the Guardian, but I'd missed this one. It shows a more complex image of Truss and helps to understand how such an improbable event as "PM Truss" has become the most likely scenario.

Heres my favourite. Mathew Parris in the Times. ‘There is no more to Liz Truss than meets the eye’ Once a conservative mp but now has resigned from the party.

I blame the parents. What 15 year old kid identifies as a Conservative enough to join as a member in their own right...

william-hague-oct-1977-conservative-party-21473603.jpg

advertisement

Back