advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Lovely few days at Rick Stein’s. Not been to his original restaurant for about 20 years. It’s nice, plus the weather was kind which was a bonus. No shortage of any foodstuffs whatsoever, funnily enough.

Eye Consultant appointment this morning. Wife assisting as per, especially after the sodding eye drops that sting required for detailed eye examinations.
One eye requires lazer surgery, one eye for cataract removal. Ace. No point looking for new spectacles till all this pavlova is over.
A new c.d. failed to read, so I ran a scapel gently around the spindle hole, to feels for burrs - it worked, although I didn’t feel anything substantial.

Yesterday I sorted through a couple of hundred 7” Singles donated to Headway. Some interesting stuff, but a lot without sleeves. At least a £100 when cleaned, graded and sold. Some odd rockabilly 7” that I might know a neighbour who will cough up £10 for it. Depends how it plays when it is cleaned. this odd thing

Ray Campi – Booze It! / Wrong Wrong Wrong

MjAtNTk0Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

1978 U.S. reissue.
Be careful with that scalpel if awaiting eye surgery- you may end up with a circumcision rather than a de burred cd!

Waited in this morning for a bit of kit

Then made some van damme 6mm jumpers with some nice furutech bananas .didnt have enough so had to use black rhodium as well which are not as good .

Out then for a walk
Must get round to doing a load of admin too

Had a good 25 minute swim this morning, postponed from yesterday afternoon as the pool was heaving with kids due to the Scottish teachers strike. Starting to see the benefit of increasing the amount of exercise I am doing. Starting to unwind the de-conditioning that has set in when I cut back on exercise due to the breathlessness issues. Earlier this year I decided to take the bull by the horns and see what I was capable of. I think I will be limited in my peak and continual power output levels but I should be able to do most things I want to do.

I have more energy and there is a spring in my step which has been missing for a while.

On Monday I go to Aberdeen for more lung function tests and will see what the outcome is and the next steps

I had this amazing test that showed some nitrous thingie in my lungs that showed inflammation .dont undrstand the technical bit but it was fascinating . Things have come a long way since i worked in chest wards

Had a stupid argument with The Wife about whether Doctor Zira from The Planet of the Apes was a chimpanzee or an ape. I won the argument, natch.

Eldest Granddaughter over this evening. Good to find out who or what she currently hates. Boys are still high on the dislike list…

She finally presented me with my Christmas present.
Two white T-Shirts hand- painted with fabric paint with child choice graphics. :)
One of which will be my new avatar on pfm. It looks like King Charles, but I don’t care. I am still waiting on the other T-shirts from Granddaughter #2

We gave Granddaughter her favourite treat, a bowl of tomatoes. She was very pleased.
The tomatoes were the ‘piccolo’ variety, “very sweet” she remarked.
Granddaughter #2 favours olives.
Strange buying these items rather than sweets, but we aim to please.

Cleaned up about 30 x 7” Singles. Some of them I am doubtful of the playback quality, but sometimes they look poor, but play well. (not often)
Wife is joining in with the ‘trash or cash’ listening session later. Her ear is getting better educated to what passes my meh test. A valuable record can get away with a bit meh.

Found myself listening to the Eagles. Came to my senses.

Wife has made me promise to get my haircut by the barber prior to a family get together.

Went for our morning constitutional in Selsey and picked up a couple of dressed crab for lunch. Dropped into the RNLI shop and bought something useless in a good cause.

Wife is joining in with the ‘trash or cash’ listening session later. Her ear is getting better educated to what passes my meh test. A valuable record can get away with a bit meh.

We played the Singles.
Most of them were too noisy and went in the bin. :(
At least one Northern Soul 45 that despite the surface noise is still collectable/sellable.
hey ho,

Went for our morning constitutional in Selsey and picked up a couple of dressed crab for lunch. Dropped into the RNLI shop and bought something useless in a good cause.

The RNLI tea-towel is good, as is the dark blue mug with flag codes.

Testing for Covid and working up to going for a walk.
Covid test negative for third day but it bears saying this coincides with starting a fresh box of tests of a different make, with a slightly different swabbing routine.
Still, 19 days on from first symptoms I guess I ought to be clear by now.

Testing for Covid and working up to going for a walk.
Covid test negative for third day but it bears saying this coincides with starting a fresh box of tests of a different make, with a slightly different swabbing routine.
Still, 19 days on from first symptoms I guess I ought to be clear by now.

Cracked hammer?

Good that you are better anyway.

advertisement

Back