advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Sat with my friend today and watched the church service on zoom .he is in bed in a nursing home and been going to that church for over 75 years !! Emotional time really losing that ability

Managed a phone call with close relative in isolation after stem cell transplant , seemed bright although had a terrible time with weeks of chemo

Managed a lovely walk to admire the blossom coming out and daffs peeping through

this morning answering the weekend emails. This afternoon onboarding 2 new starters - nice to see the new recruits arriving. Took these two 4 months to get here, way quicker than usual as they didn't need visas sponsoring.

Started a nice project replacing a kitchen and redecorating a flat in Stoke Newington. Spent the afternoon completing a tender for a building surveyor. May be forced to turn the thermostat, it's bloody freezing.

Cheers BB

Lovely bright winter sun, went for a hobble around The Field.
Saw four deer (Does I think?) which is a first for me. None of us have seen deer before this close to were we live. Ace. Got a crappy photo shooting into the low sunlight, but proof enough to show The Wife.
Saw catkins and pussy willow (I think)
The ground was dryish compared to the normal sticky clay heavy soil that makes wellington boots essential. I hate wearing them as getting them off is painful, and I always get cramp in the process. Much bad language as well.
Many mugs of tea day.

Started a nice project replacing a kitchen and redecorating a flat in Stoke Newington. Spent the afternoon completing a tender for a building surveyor. May be forced to turn the thermostat, it's bloody freezing.

Cheers BB
we are just looking at 4 tenders for a building project at the church .quite complex looking at them all !

Went to the post office for this digital passport application they do to renew passports .gosh the post office do so much now

Had letter from solicitor to ask complex questions about mil house we are selling , pages of them!!! Plus umpteen questions about solar panels ....did we get a survey to see if the roof was strong enough ? Did we get consent as its in a conservation area ?? Oh my goodness !! What fun

Lovely bright winter sun, went for a hobble around The Field.
Saw four deer (Does I think?) which is a first for me. None of us have seen deer before this close to were we live. Ace. Got a crappy photo shooting into the low sunlight, but proof enough to show The Wife.
Saw catkins and pussy willow (I think)
The ground was dryish compared to the normal sticky clay heavy soil that makes wellington boots essential. I hate wearing them as getting them off is painful, and I always get cramp in the process. Much bad language as well.
Many mugs of tea day.
Recommendation

Boot Puller with Extra Grip

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Today I decided to see if I could get a bit further than the few hundred wobbly legged steps I took yesterday. That Covid certainly can knock you about.. .
I decided on a slow but determined assault on the summit of mighty Billinge Hill, taking a newly opened route. Beautiful blue sky and a different perspective from the new route helped me along. Close up, crocus, daffodils and the white flowers of Amelanchier hinted at spring, despite the bitter cold.
I made it to the top and took in the panoramic views of North Wales, Derbyshire, Bowland etc, also easily picking out Pendle Hill, Blackpool Tower, Manchester, Liverpool, Jodrell Bank telescope etc. A very nice day indeed and a real boost for the spirit.
I also wanted to clock up some distance to see how my 'unfixed' knee reacts, now that I have a nice new one to take a lot of the strain. I have a pre-op booked in a couple of weeks but am still trying to weigh up the pros and cons of having the second knee done.
Eitherway..positive day.:)

watching the weather - meant to drive into work later, not convinced this pork will be happy in snow....

advertisement

Back