advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

As a young family, as part of a decent break to utterly-nowhere, nothing-to-do on the Med coast about due south of Granada: we did exactly that 20yrs ago when Jess was small.

Very, very fondly remembered by all as maybe the best holiday evah.
It is a splendid part of the world.
Not Almuñécar by any chance? I hitch-hiked to there in '67.

We've stayed in Competa when Mrs Seagull's aunt and uncle lived there.

We had a spectacular drive to Granada to see the Alhambra.

We also went to Gibraltar which felt like Portsmouth with sunshine and Barbary apes.

Stayed overnight in novotel bristol .10 out of 10 for friendly helpful staff and comfort

Bristol show today and although these days i cant cope with some of the loudness i enjoyed it greatly .had to keep tight hold of wallet with various special offers but i did succumb to some !

To be fair there is sanitiser everywhere and most seem to be using it. No general evidence of noro type bugs but plenty of folk coughing. Some blaming it on Air-conditioning, but I don't know. We also had a hefty blast of Saharan dust as fine as talc turning the ship orange last week.
Still.. last night tonight..home tomorrow.
Quoting myself again...never a good sign...
Anyway..I finally got home from my cruise last night. Still coughing from whatever bug I started with 11 days previously.
Weighed myself. Have lost more than 1/2 a stone in weight. But I at least was able to snaffle down a 10" pizza..First substantial meal for over a week and it actually tasted like it should. Then slept for best part of 12 hours.
This a.m. decided to do a Covid test, which went very positive within seconds.. A bit surprising 12 days after onset of symptoms and considering I've had 6 jabs, but whatever.
Just tired now, with an intermittent cough and congested chest feeling, but breathing seems OK., which is nice.

All gravy so far.

IMG-20230216-221306-1.jpg

Popped up to the Dinghy and Watersports Show (ooer missus) at Farnborough. Managed to avoid opening the wallet on stuff I will never use, but couldn’t resist a nice hi-tech carbon spinnaker pole for the new project.
Some nice boats on display, but it was a far cry from the enthusiastic amateur club-run shows of the Picketts Lock era 45 years ago.
The sailing season is approaching :D

Listing a few bits on eBay, with the fees offer on. Nothing much of any value, a few accumulated bits of footwear the boys feet outgrew, base for a Dualit kettle (as the element popped), some Flexi tap hoses that came with taps but we're too short, and some Bluetooth earbuds now surplus since I got some Sennheisers. It all adds up.

Despite my efforts at roof raking, we have a leak due to an ice dam in a valley. Removal crew with steamer will be here soon. $1200 estimate. Grrrr…

Stayed overnight in novotel bristol .10 out of 10 for friendly helpful staff and comfort

Bristol show today and although these days i cant cope with some of the loudness i enjoyed it greatly .had to keep tight hold of wallet with various special offers but i did succumb to some !

You can't leave us hanging like this :eek: we need to know :)

Eye Consultant appointment this morning. Wife assisting as per, especially after the sodding eye drops that sting required for detailed eye examinations.
One eye requires lazer surgery, one eye for cataract removal. Ace. No point looking for new spectacles till all this pavlova is over.
A new c.d. failed to read, so I ran a scapel gently around the spindle hole, to feels for burrs - it worked, although I didn’t feel anything substantial.

Yesterday I sorted through a couple of hundred 7” Singles donated to Headway. Some interesting stuff, but a lot without sleeves. At least a £100 when cleaned, graded and sold. Some odd rockabilly 7” that I might know a neighbour who will cough up £10 for it. Depends how it plays when it is cleaned. this odd thing

Ray Campi – Booze It! / Wrong Wrong Wrong

MjAtNTk0Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

1978 U.S. reissue.

Eye Consultant appointment this morning. Wife assisting as per, especially after the sodding eye drops that sting required for detailed eye examinations.
One eye requires lazer surgery, one eye for cataract removal. Ace. No point looking for new spectacles till all this pavlova is over.
A new c.d. failed to read, so I ran a scapel gently around the spindle hole, to feels for burrs - it worked, although I didn’t feel anything substantial.

Yesterday I sorted through a couple of hundred 7” Singles donated to Headway. Some interesting stuff, but a lot without sleeves. At least a £100 when cleaned, graded and sold. Some odd rockabilly 7” that I might know a neighbour who will cough up £10 for it. Depends how it plays when it is cleaned. this odd thing

Ray Campi – Booze It! / Wrong Wrong Wrong

MjAtNTk0Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

1978 U.S. reissue.

Haha!

advertisement

Back