advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't always work out. The random nature of my sock drawer and the washing machine can mean that some socks get washed more often and fading at different rates. Rather than all the socks being black you end up with a range of dark grey colours. Can look odd if you pick a pair which is at the extremes.

These aren’t just any socks, these are M&S socks.

I buy bamboo socks, which tend to come in ‘statement’ colours and styles. I quite like that.
I would imagine the statement is ‘Ow, that hurts!’ I got a bamboo splinter in my finger a few years ago. After a week or so it was clear it had no intention of coming out, so I had to perform surgery. The damned thing was about half an inch long.

I wear M&S socks for work, they’re comfortable and hard wearing. I have a selection of more expensive and colorful socks if I’m getting dressed up.

Cheers BB

Yesterday shirts, today socks. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Will be upping my sock game in the very near future. :)

D54-F5-BC6-F26-E-4-DEB-A97-D-29-D8-A3-E7-A8-EA.jpg

Thinking about it, upping my sock game might prove a bit challenging. I am not diabetic, but I strongly prefer how diabetic socks fit. Currently own about a dozen gray and tan pairs, but will be hunting for some with fun colors and patterns.

Hook,

Five words: Mugato, Gorn, Horta, tribble socks.

(There’s a weird horned dog in there too but I don’t know what it’s called.)
ur,socks_flatlay_medium,tall_portrait,750x1000-bg,f8f8f8.1.jpg

Joe

Hook,

Five words: Mugato, Gorn, Horta, tribble socks.

(There’s a weird horned dog in there too but I don’t know what it’s called.)
ur,socks_flatlay_medium,tall_portrait,750x1000-bg,f8f8f8.1.jpg

Joe

Joe, if my extensive research is correct, that would be the Alfa 177 canine from The Enemy Within.

The more I look, the more I need those socks. I know a bunch of kids who need to learn about Trek. The socks will be great teaching aids.

I briefly considered 'and you, madam, are like a stream of bat's p*ss' but I couldn't remember if it was one of Shaw's or not. I couldn't remember which store I was in, if I'm being honest.
One of Churchill's, I think (the quote rather than the shop).

I’m with your mate on this one - black socks only here. No need to chuck both away when one gets holes. I believe Dr H is of the same persuasion.

I was of that persuasion, but since doing more walking I've branched out into some thick grey ones. It doesn't matter if I wear odd ones because no-one can see them when they're encased in walking boots. Black socks for all other occasions though.

Was it TSB? I did similar for a 92yo who doesn’t own a computer so was round at his trying to make a payment. They needed a callback and he refused to speak to them so I did and they froze his logon so I gave them a round of f#cks. The following day all was calm so I called again to ask how to get the ‘freeze’ lifted - just ask him to ‘pop in to a branch with a piece of photo ID’.
Me - he’s 92 and can’t walk so isn’t popping anywhere. Also, he only has a bus pass with a photo so have you got any other ideas?
We wouldn’t accept a bus pass, how about a drinking licence or passport?
He’s never had a passport and gave up driving at 85 so surrendered his licence to DVLA so it’s time you got creative.
It got worse from there so I told them they were supposed to make services to older people more not less accessible and, cue further round of f#cks. That was January. They won’t budge and he’s still unable to log on so it’s all done via me.

yes it was Lloyds . i must say they were quite helpful ... not as bad as your experience though but i share your pain as looking after the elderly finances can be a pain

Our house has suddenly become a drop off point for parcels which i dont mind for neighbours , now we have large boxes of rubber gloves that were supposed to be delivered to a local community hub but for some reason were dropped off here, the driver said they were for next door his excuse even though address wasnt next door. The community hub was closed yesterday i think thats why we have them. Most excitement here since i won a pot plate in ipswich playing bingo.

shortlisting for 4 Senior Lecturer vacancies - 40 applicants.....down to 24 now. asked my subject leads to complete the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back