advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been to a meeting representing my former employer, trying to get a debt paid. My old boss just shook on a £10K reduction on a £30K invoice. When I look back on the amount of effort that went into the job it leaves a bad taste.

Cheers BB

Spent most of yesterday looking for our polling cards, someone was convinced that she had put them somewhere safe. Another hour this morning double checking those safe places again, and then 0.45 seconds of Googling informs me that no elections are taking place here today! Been to Southport on the train instead

Spent most of yesterday looking for our polling cards, someone was convinced that she had put them somewhere safe. Another hour this morning double checking those safe places again, and then 0.45 seconds of Googling informs me that no elections are taking place here today! Been to Southport on the train instead

You don`t have to show the polling card - you could have gone and not voted without one.

I used to go to Southport on the train, from Exchange Station.

My Raspberry Pi4 arrived in the post today, was supposed to be my Easter Weekend project but they’re in short supply.

Got my mate and his wife coming over on Saturday for drinks and dinner. He’s a software engineer, I’ve told them to come early in case I need help.

Cheers BB

Spent a good few hours collecting info to see if I can buy back missing NI years for my state pension since the govt extended the time period from going back 6 years to going back to 2006 for 12 months.
Collated it all, wrote my letter and posted it.

We bought some extra years for my wife. Heather had retired early on ill health grounds and was a few years short of the maximum. I calculated that if she was able to draw her state pension for 3 years we would have been in profit. Sadly she passed away 6 months before reaching the breakeven point. The cancer was something we hadn't anticipated.

Topping up your NI contributions is definitely a good idea if you are in good health. If there are any question marks over your life expectancy it may not be so clear but the minimum contribution is not too onerous.

Tonight I have mainly been breaking in a new trilby, drinking Côtes du Ventoux and, since the blackbirds called it a night an hour ago, listening to bleating lambs and France Musique la Jazz.

52053233460_4d89961085.jpg

We bought some extra years for my wife. Heather had retired early on ill health grounds and was a few years short of the maximum. I calculated that if she was able to draw her state pension for 3 years we would have been in profit. Sadly she passed away 6 months before reaching the breakeven point. The cancer was something we hadn't anticipated.

Topping up your NI contributions is definitely a good idea if you are in good health. If there are any question marks over your life expectancy it may not be so clear but the minimum contribution is not too onerous.
Good point.
Tried factoring it in at 70, but who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back