advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hook,

Three words — Mr. Spock housecoat.

b8b1498966b84e7bbef51a8bf8e46e40lg.jpg

Joe

Honestly don't care if I look like a tw*t, especially if the shirt gets fun comments or brings some smiles at back yard get togethers.
It definitely needs a bow tie. Self-tied, on we have established all right-thinking pfm’ers agree. And tied without the aid of a mirror, of which it seems only I am incapable.

@Hook,

Three words — Mr. Spock housecoat.

b8b1498966b84e7bbef51a8bf8e46e40lg.jpg

Joe

That robe is fire! I want it, and I want it now.

Hate to admit this, but my wardrobe is currently missing any Trek themed garments. Must rectify ASAP!

PS - I am reliably told by my Goddaughter’s 13-year old that “fire” is extremely high praise.

It definitely needs a bow tie. Self-tied, on we have established all right-thinking pfm’ers agree. And tied without the aid of a mirror, of which it seems only I am incapable.

Please allow me to say that you sir absolutely rock the whole bow tie thing. I fear that If I attempted same, I would wind up looking like a cheap imitation.

Some may say that imitation is a form of flattery, but there can only ever be one true Marchbanks.

Ideally the bow tie should have lights and revolve at the touch of a shirt button.

After a visit to a local fishie, I found that I have since spent too much money on jazz records. o_O
in my defence, I did buy a c.d. boxset rather than all of the records that I coveted.
Still vinyl won me over.

New cartridge has just arrived (AT VM95ML) so that means a few sweary hours setting it up, but at least it is a detachable headshell, so only tiny sweats.
Very interested to listen to how it sounds against the Goldring 2100 currently on the DD deck.

We got rain :cool: at last. Not much, but a start.

Pleased that The Wife has got her client on a zoom consultation, Wife has had two clients fail to turn up for zoom meetings organised yesterday. It wastes her time, I get it in the ear. The sheets.

Haggis later, neeps and tatties natch.

Cut on my thumb is just about healed, but I keep catching it on everything. Waiting to bash it soo hard that it opens up the wound again. Sods n all that jazz.

Listened to a piece on the radio about grief.
With reference to the well known ‘five stages,’ I maintain that adaptation is the final stage, not acceptance. Note: The 5 stages are not linear and may be revisited, and have no prescriptive order - in my opinion. (based on years working in palliative care, and my own personal experience)

After a day of looking after my 3 year old granddaughter feel my pain as I put on her fav shoes only for her to find that one is just not right. Do I tighten up one or loosen the other ? It's hard to make such decisions amongst the uncontrollable sobbing.:confused:

meeting with my heads of subject group - to start planning for next year and staff resources.

Ongoing work with the construction company building the new building. Grouting is complete and about 25% of the piles are in!! Steel frame ordered :D

short meeting with my PhD student

After a day of looking after my 3 year old granddaughter feel my pain as I put on her fav shoes only for her to find that one is just not right. Do I tighten up one or loosen the other ? It's hard to make such decisions amongst the uncontrollable sobbing.:confused:

Take her shoes off, they don’t suit you.

I've finally plumped for fibre broadband, and a couple of men came to connect me up to the FTTP point in front of the house.

I was going to wait until Openreach activated the FTTC option, as we really need a copper wire telephone connection; mobile signal is rubbish round here. EE has been quite good, with solid if slow internet and a decently priced phone package. However, the renewal was extortionate. They told me that FTTC was now available, but it's slower than the copper wire !

The fibre is good; all the computers seem faster than before, especially on ethernet. Resetting all the WiFi passwords for the new router was a pain, though. Now to find an option for the phone. I think we may have to go VoIP.

While standing in line at the fish counter trying to decide if today should be a caviar, lobster or both day, the woman in front of me turned, looked me up and down and said (in a rather accusatory tone) “You look like George Bernard Shaw!” Wondered if it might be time to go down the McCartney route and have an implausible hair-dye job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back