advertisement

Today I am a small blue thing..

More listening continues to be e very enjoyable exercise. The lower noise, but above all, the detail and texture of the instruments notes just makes vinyl more enjoyable to listen to than it was before. £20, bargain!

Just received and installed a little blue thing on my TD-124 Mk I. Will give it a couple of days of running in before commenting on any changes I perceive. Thank you @Mike P!

I lied, it hasn't been a couple of days, only about 45 minutes of running, but I noticed the LBT has already quieted down considerably.

I don't think it is much, if any, noisier now than my old black belt was. If there additional gains coming over the next couple of days, I'll be very happy!

I don't think it is much, if any, noisier now than my old black belt was. If there additional gains coming over the next couple of days, I'll be very happy!

You will likely be shocked by how quiet it gets! It takes a couple of good listening sessions to get there, but my 124 has never been quieter. By saying that you will have been stretching your belt far less being in a 60Hz pulley area. Here in the 50Hz UK the “standard” size rubber belts are just hopelessly wrong IMHO. Just way too tight.

You will likely be shocked by how quiet it gets! It takes a couple of good listening sessions to get there, but my 124 has never been quieter. By saying that you will have been stretching your belt far less being in a 60Hz pulley area. Here in the 50Hz UK the “standard” size rubber belts are just hopelessly wrong IMHO. Just way too tight.

Mike said to me that the 60Hz belt was slightly longer. In fact, compared to my 5 year old black belt, I was worried it was going to fit too loose! Instead, it fit like the proverbial glove! Like you, am now thinking my original belt was way too tight. Don't know it's origin - it was installed by the guy who did my restoration.

Was careful not to touch my LBT with bare hands. Wore vinyl gloves while cleaning the wheels and LBT with the alcohol. I bought two, and am now wondering how long each LBT will last...

According to another thread the LP12 belts have been delayed………..

….which gives me plenty of time to clear out the loft, garage, lean-to, shed, etc,…. all of which have been on the to-do list for the last year or two!

I never thought my TD-124 could run so quiet. I mean dead quiet. Am amazed that the LBT made this big of a difference. Kudos to @Mike P!

Perhaps it’s just wishful thinking, but my deck now seems to reach a stable operating speed more quickly. Usually takes about 20-30 minutes, but today it locked in after about 10 minutes. Also seems to stay locked on speed better or, at least, that’s what the strobe appears to be telling me. Is this even possible?

Maybe it’s just giddiness, but I now understand the enthusiasm for the LBT expressed by the OP and others. My deck sounds better than it ever has, and I am very pleased!

advertisement

Back