advertisement

Today I am a small blue thing..

Hi Pete,

We haven't developed one specifically for the Roksan but it's entirely possible that one of our existing sizes is suitable. I would need you to take an accurate measurement of the belt path for me and I will also need to know the required width and thickness.

We're open to developing new belts if we think there's sufficient demand to warrant the cost and effort.

Hi Mike. Are you making a 60hz TD-124 belt? If yes, would like to order a couple. Thanks.

Hi Pete,

We haven't developed one specifically for the Roksan but it's entirely possible that one of our existing sizes is suitable. I would need you to take an accurate measurement of the belt path for me and I will also need to know the required width and thickness.

We're open to developing new belts if we think there's sufficient demand to warrant the cost and effort.

Hi Mike

According to an on line belt length calculator and my vernier calipers its 576.3mm and its 5mm wide and 0.8mm thick.

Pete

Here's the measurements. ( same place from start of track, same up to speed time, same volume, everything)

51933876715_5abab2cb1d_b.jpg

51932325532_67f69c86f0_b.jpg

Lower signal level away from the fundamental, significantly lower at the motor rpm and 2x of motor rpm. Much smoother at base of fundamental.

I like a thing that does what it says on the tin. No big claims, just a better belt.

It's quieter. @Tony L wins!

Hi Mike- you doing belts for any other brands in the future?:)

We're open to developing more belts for sure. It has to be commercially viable though. The tooling for each belt is quite expensive to make and so we won't do one-offs or belts for really obscure models with only a tiny market.

We already have quite a few sizes and therefore have belts that fit quite a big list of models.

The other issue is that I can't own every turntable on the market and so I'd be relying on others to be able to provide accurate measurements and do the testing of prototypes.

So if its not a trade secret , what are the new belts made from?

And what attributes change with the different material?

Is it more or less elastic? More or less grippy? How does it achieve a reduction in noise?

So if its not a trade secret , what are the new belts made from?

And what attributes change with the different material?

Is it more or less elastic? More or less grippy? How does it achieve a reduction in noise?

Our belts are not made from butyl rubber or neoprene rubber.

Conventional flat belts are made from flat rubber strip which is then closed to form a loop. Our belts are moulded in the round as a single continuous circular piece with no join. Consequently they run more smoothly.

The material we use has a higher friction coefficient (more grippy), which means less tension is needed and in turn that creates less side-loading on bearings, meaning less wear and less noise.

It is considerably more elastic and transmits (couples) less noise.

It is has vastly better dimensional stability (doesn't stretch) and doesn't harden/perish/deform like conventional rubber belts.

Conventional rubber belts loose tension over time, they deform. That's what I meant.

Our belts do not suffer from this to anything like the same degree.

They are also more elastic.

Sorry Mike, I don't have them and VPI don't publish them. It's a conventional round profile belt, of approx. 1mm diameter; I could probably measure the length with some fishing line or similar, if that's appropriate?

WOW arrived and fitting ‘kin hell it’s good, best £20 upgrade ever, get your hands out of your pockets chaps and buy one.

Every thing sounds better the bass is amazing deep and fast so much clearer than before. I guess my original belt was getting on a bit but I thought it sounded ok obviously I was wrong or this is a fantastic upgrade, I think the latter.

Pete

advertisement

Back