advertisement

Today I am a small blue thing..

Here's the measurements. ( same place from start of track, same up to speed time, same volume, everything)

51933876715_5abab2cb1d_b.jpg

51932325532_67f69c86f0_b.jpg

Lower signal level away from the fundamental, significantly lower at the motor rpm and 2x of motor rpm. Much smoother at base of fundamental.

I like a thing that does what it says on the tin. No big claims, just a better belt.

Can I request the Linn belt be retested with it inside out?

just be interested in the measured difference, given the obvious subjective change.

I’ll also be interested to see if Mike’s belt gets as better after a time the way it does on the TD-124. A 124 is a vastly more hostile environment for a belt than a Linn so I’d expect the break-in that takes days on the 124 to take weeks or even months on a Linn, but it was very pronounced here. Initially quite noisy, all but silent after a couple of long evenings of record playing, and it seems to be staying there since that initial break-in phase.

Can I request the Linn belt be retested with it inside out?

just be interested in the measured difference, given the obvious subjective change.

But that would be the wrong way round, it was tested narrow curve when hung on finger. Same for both belts.

I think I will put my name down for a couple of the blue belts, I think Mike P might be saving us a few bob especially if a new Linn Lp12 belt costs fifty squid.

If Mike had told me it was going to be £50 I wouldn't have batted an eyelid after hearing what it did comparedvto my LINN belt

Here's the measurements. ( same place from start of track, same up to speed time, same volume, everything)

51933876715_5abab2cb1d_b.jpg

51932325532_67f69c86f0_b.jpg

Lower signal level away from the fundamental, significantly lower at the motor rpm and 2x of motor rpm. Much smoother at base of fundamental.

I like a thing that does what it says on the tin. No big claims, just a better belt.
Thanks, very clear. I have ordered one.

Do you do roksan xerxes belts?

pete

Hi Pete,

We haven't developed one specifically for the Roksan but it's entirely possible that one of our existing sizes is suitable. I would need you to take an accurate measurement of the belt path for me and I will also need to know the required width and thickness.

We're open to developing new belts if we think there's sufficient demand to warrant the cost and effort.

advertisement

Back