advertisement

Today I am a small blue thing..

Was careful not to touch my LBT with bare hands. Wore vinyl gloves while cleaning the wheels and LBT with the alcohol. I bought two, and am now wondering how long each LBT will last...

So, is this the standard procedure for these? Don't touch the new belt (or any belt?) with bare hands, clean pulleys with IPA and also clean the new belt with the alcohol too?

( Am awaiting one of these blue things for my Linn Axis before passing it to my nephew)

Received mine this morning thanks Mike, running in now. Was quite noisy first but it's quieting down now.

So, is this the standard procedure for these? Don't touch the new belt (or any belt?) with bare hands, clean pulleys with IPA and also clean the new belt with the alcohol too?

( Am awaiting one of these blue things for my Linn Axis before passing it to my nephew)

Don't know if it's SOP, but it's what made sense to me.

WOW arrived and fitting ‘kin hell it’s good, best £20 upgrade ever, get your hands out of your pockets chaps and buy one.

Every thing sounds better the bass is amazing deep and fast so much clearer than before. I guess my original belt was getting on a bit but I thought it sounded ok obviously I was wrong or this is a fantastic upgrade, I think the latter.

Pete
Great! I just ordered one for my Xerxes 20 plus. In fact I also have a brand new one from Roksan that I've not got around to fitting yet so if I can be bothered I could do a direct comparison. But I'm changing cartridge too so that will complicate matters.!

Come on Linn, get your act together either improve your belt or simply supply this as standard. Yes I like it a lot and its only done a couple of hours, if it improves even better. Cheers Mike.

Here’s how my 124 is doing a few weeks in. This is certainly the quietest I’ve ever had this deck running since I’ve owned it. No idea if one of the LOLprice third-party boutiques that have cropped up all over the place could do any better, but it is certainly quiet enough IMHO! Also worth noting the Hanze-Fi springs are nicely centred, not dragged over by the usual too-tight (IMHO) third-party belts for this deck.

PS Spot my cool Louis Rossmann gloves!

Do we know how long it should take to quieten down? mine is still quite noisy, I even left it running a few hours whilst I went out to run some errands.

Do we know how long it should take to quieten down? mine is still quite noisy, I even left it running a few hours whilst I went out to run some errands.
Mine had 24+ hours. I detected no noise after the first few minutes.

I suspect poor QA, but I may be wrong. Prototypes are easy to manufacture, volume is always the problem. This may be bollocks in this case, as I don’t know the process.

On the TD-124 it was two nights of listening. It is now astonishingly quiet and wow/flutter is up there with the better direct drives, i.e. about as good as it gets.

Maybe I should define the noise to be clear, it sounds a bit like a peeling noise when something sticky is being peeled from a surface, like a quiet roar. I suspect it is the tacky belt coming away from the inner platter or pulley surface as it rotates?

I can only measure W&F with a phone app which I know isn't ideal, and yes I know it is running slow, I haven't attended to that yet.

Old belt

Blue belt

advertisement

Back