advertisement

The end of Mana Audio

kennyk said:
because he is trying to dissolve the company on the quiet whilst pretending that everything is fine?
removing questions regarding the status of the company from his 'forum' ?

If he is trying to dissolve the company, how is the way he is doing it any different from the, no doubt, hundreds of companies that are dissolved every day? And why do people who have no financial interest create this storm of self-righteous indignation?

johngilleran said:
Here in the States one is innocent until proven guilty by a court of law and anything you say can and will be used against in a court of law.

but there's a difference between criminal and civil matters.

Cav said:
If he is trying to dissolve the company, how is the way he is doing it any different from the, no doubt, hundreds of companies that are dissolved every day? And why do people who have no financial interest create this storm of self-righteous indignation?

because the honest and honourable thing to do is to contact your creditors before dissolving the company.

IanW said:
Why not just be a bit more relaxed with other people having differing views of things?

Sorry Ian

no offence meant to you, for example. Just reacting to Mr Satsuma's derision of my ability to judge HiFi from a Demo. Perhaps I should judge HiFi purely from reading other peoples comments on a web site instead ?

cheers
Cliff

johngilleran said:
Here in the States one is innocent until proven guilty by a court of law and anything you say can and will be used against in a court of law.

I have seen Tony L clean up these sort of threads in the past, but I get the idea that he is enjoying this one too much. Seems kind of like a public lynching to me. :(

Guantánamo Bay?

Hi kenny,

I have seen the documents you have mentioned posted in this forum, but not much discussion on the matter, leaving me with the opinion that someone does not want to talk about it at this moment, instead of respecting the individuals privacy and personal life and leaving it at that, we have had nothing but slandering, badgering and fishing going on in here by the Anti-Mana PFM brigade, and others who have no experience of Mana , only poor personal opinion due to forums like this and the hyperbyle they produce.

It seems quite clear due to the nature of deletions and action taken by the admin of this forum that some sit on a certain side of the fence and are quite happy to let this thread run ass long as it makes the Anti-Mana brigade happy.

Steve

Cav said:

Well, I guess it's partly because the aforementioned owners don't go on a semi-public forum about how much expensive wine they're drinking and how big their new house is!

sastusbulbas said:
... we have had nothing but slandering, badgering and fishing going on in here by the Anti-Mana PFM brigade, and others who have no experience of Mana , only poor personal opinion due to forums like this and the hyperbyle they produce.

Generalised twaddle, IMHO.

sastusbulbas said:
I have seen the documents you have mentioned posted in this forum, but not much discussion on the matter, leaving me with the opinion that someone does not want to talk about it at this moment, instead of respecting the individuals privacy and personal life and leaving it at that, we have had nothing but slandering, badgering and fishing

<old bloke wanders into bookshop> 'Do you have a copy of 'Fishing for Badgers' by JR Hartley?'

I would just like to make it clear that I am not anti-Mana - my living room is full of the stuff, and I think it works (for me).

What I'm "anti-" is someone allegedly diddling large sums of money out of people, then sitting back, "sticking up two fingers", and bragging about his alleged luxurious lifestyle. It strikes me as an "own goal", in PR terms, and not the behaviour of a gentleman.

Tony L said:
Something is only libellous or slanderous if it is untrue.

Although if you're taken to court about a libellous/slanderous statement, the burden of proof is on you to prove it's true. There is also the concept of 'the nearer the trut, the greater the libel'; so if I claim that you're a three-headed Venusian it's not very libellous, but if I claim that in your actual business dealings you are involved in dishonest pratices, I'd better be damned sure that if you sue, I've got solid proof of that claim.

I'm not convinced that any of this is other than one person who is taking legal action (and nevertheless seems to take a commendably reasonable view of the matter), malice on the parts of some who have fallen out with JW for whatever reason, and those jumping on the bandwagon because he is behaving differently than they would like.

Apart from the former, the rest of you have no stake in this.

I would just like to make it clear that in my youth I also experimented with Mana. I do not wish to dicuss if I am or am not a Mana user at present. I think that is a purely personal matter.

Also - I will not be standing in the election of the leader of the Liberal Democrats.

Although if you're taken to court about a libellous/slanderous statement, the burden of proof is on you to prove it's true. There is also the concept of 'the nearer the trut, the greater the libel'; so if I claim that you're a three-headed Venusian it's not very libellous, but if I claim that in your actual business dealings you are involved in dishonest pratices, I'd better be damned sure that if you sue, I've got solid proof of that claim.

I have not allowed any serious allegation to remain on this thread that can not be backed up either by documents in the public record (e.g. published accounts / Companies House documentation) or by direct testimony of those making the allegation. There is some silly name-calling in addition to this for sure, but all the serious content can be substantiated if it came to the crunch. I have no interest in becoming entrenched personally in this argument, but I have taken the necessary precautions to protect my forum.

Tony.

[QUOTE CAV]...[/QUOTE] and another group of people who just slag off people for perceived issues that they have with what other people are writing ....

Tony L said:
I have not allowed any serious allegation to remain on this thread that can not be backed up either by documents in the public record (e.g. published accounts / Companies House documentation) or by direct testimony of those making the allegation. There is some silly name-calling in addition to this for sure, but all the serious content can be substantiated if it came to the crunch. I have no interest in becoming entrenched personally in this argument, but I have taken the necessary precautions to protect my forum.

Well, quite. Very sensible too.

cliffpatte said:
and another group of people who just slag off people for perceived issues that they have with what other people are writing ....
And in English?

Cav

そしてもう一人の集団感知された問題のための人々を離 れた公正なスラグ人々へ書いているものをとそれらが有する

there you go

advertisement

Back