advertisement

The (almost) bi-polar nature of Naim's products and customers . . .

My top 4 are:
1.) They directionalise their speaker cables for you
2.) All their designs are the same so there is less scope for any problems
3.) You don't have to remember to turn your system on (or off)
4.) Their amps will all keep going for about 10 years before needing any service

1 They sound good enough for me
2 I usually forget about the specs and listen to my music when I touch play
3 They don’t suffer the abuse when I turn up the volume to get kicked by the bass drum
4 They are built to last and easily repaired (chrome bumper and olive series) .......... and also the NAP 250 of any generation.

OK, workin' on it.

Errr, what makes Naim the best HiFi manufacturer in the World, easily outclassing anything else - top 4 reasons?

That should help re-engage the haters. Best I could do at such short notice.

Like that question - that'll help the thread keep going for a while. Not going to personally answer though as I will probably be accused of being a Naim hater.

1 It looks cool
2 It's very wide rangeing from affordable entry level to ludicrously high end.
3 You can upgrade it almost infinitely
4 You can make quite long threads on the Internet with it.

Yes, but the other thing you can do is, buy a Naim amplifier, put it in your hi-fi system, enjoy it and still be using it 40 years later, having only had it serviced once in all that time. Also not having the need to spend a fortune upgrading, because you were happy with your purchase.

Edit: Make that twice I had it serviced.

And don’t forget the DIN locking rings on the connectors on Naim cables, loose, tight, mid-way? Some might say not at all or none of the above!:)

Naim are like Marmite; you either love them or hate them. Polarisation is a fact of life; analogous to politics.

Some do tend to defend, like their life depends on it, and hate if you find something better, made even worse if its against the 500 series guys.
But thats life and we are all different, and if thats what they want to do then fine by me.

Some do tend to defend, like their life depends on it, and hate if you find something better, made even worse if its against the 500 series guys.
But thats life and we are all different, and if thats what they want to do then fine by me.

Absolutely. I'm still traumatized by your short use of Ovators! :)

advertisement

Back