advertisement

The 2022 Formula One Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the best ever F1 engine sound:
1500cc, V16, 14,000rpm, 600bhp and designed in 1947!

Yeah it's great. Must be the Nick Mason/Mark Hales recording ?

Every time I hear it, I can't help but wonder what it'd sound like if they could really get it to run cleanly :(

Yeah it's great. Must be the Nick Mason/Mark Hales recording ?

Every time I hear it, I can't help but wonder what it'd sound like if they could really get it to run cleanly :(

Well, there are a few new BRM V16s being built, to the original drawings, but they’ll run properly.

Edit to add:

Coventry_Climax_ET_199_fork_lift_truck.jpg

One of the strangest experiences is hearing the ‘wrong’ engine in a car. This car, built and driven by the late Georg Plasa was spine tingling:

Something wrong with his car as he was half a second slower than Russell? But... all 5 cars eliminated in P1 have Mercedes engines.

Big crash for Schumacher, although he looks to be ok.

Anyone checked that flutteringwow is ok?

To be honest I am more worried about how we are going to get Lewis's knighthood revoked now he's terrible.

So pleased for Perez (even if it is Red Bull).

Big question though on what is so wrong with the Merc that Lewis couldn't perform !!??
Russell was still 0.9 secs off pole and so there was no significant change in terms of lap time difference between pole and the top Merc.

As to Lewis, it does look like they set the car up too high (downforce level may also be out) and this made the car less efficient and made it more difficult to get the tyres working.

VER also struggled to get his car to work as he wanted it to, but managed to only be 0.3 secs from pole.

Merc's problems were not going to be fixed in the first few races, but it will be interesting to see how long it takes to get back up to competing at close to or at the front.

Has Ferrari been able to legalise their unknown advantage from a couple of seasons ago, or is it just as suggested they’ve handled the E10 fuel better?

I could design a car that not even Lewis Hamilton could get out of Q1 FFS!

PS Why such a difference between Russell and Hamilton? Don’t understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back