advertisement

The 2019 F1 season.

The enduring Formula 1 career of Roman Grosjean is one of the great mysteries of our time.

A real genuine WTF moment in fact.

I used to think that he was just unlucky and needed a bit of time/luck/confidence building, but these days I cannot fathom how he is in an F1 car. He's got less talent than the rest of the grid, slags his car off all the time and regularly crashes into other people... meanwhile it looks like Hulkenberg is out of a drive....as you say... WTF?

Apparently the most disappointed driver after Q2 was Hulk, who had made it into Q3 and thereby lost free tyre choice for the race. Then tyre strategy dictated that Leclerc lap twelve seconds off his pole pace, and once again reining him in for too long cost him the win. At one point Russell was the fastest car on track. Bonkers!
On the plus side, Ferrari's latest aero updates seem to work, so maybe some good racing to come at proper circuits.

They’ll be wanting Ferrari engines if this 2nd half of the season is anything to go by!

To be fair the Ferrari engine has been the pick of the bunch for the last 2 seasons. What's happening now is they have a young, talented and hungry driver and better aero so it's starting to come together and they are winning races. I think had Leclerc been in the car last year Lewis may not have had it so easy. Looking forward to the end of the season as it's no longer a walkover for Mercedes.... Hamilton will have to dig even deeper and there's Verstappen too... all good stuff!

To be fair the Ferrari engine has been the pick of the bunch for the last 2 seasons. What's happening now is they have a young, talented and hungry driver and better aero so it's starting to come together and they are winning races. I think had Leclerc been in the car last year Lewis may not have had it so easy. Looking forward to the end of the season as it's no longer a walkover for Mercedes.... Hamilton will have to dig even deeper and there's Verstappen too... all good stuff!
It’s looking more interesting for next season that’s for sure. We’re starting to see better competition at the top teams - just in time for another rule change that’ll see one team dominating until the rest catch up.

Wasn’t expecting Ferrari to shoot themselves in foot like that. They threw away a very likely race win there. Hamilton made some telling comments in support of Vettel on C4’s Qualifying yesterday - basically about how he knows what it’s like when the team starts supporting the other driver etc.

There’s obviously some tension building up there and I can’t see them in the same team next season.

Vettel up to his old tricks , however seemed to be a strange agreement let him take the slipstream to the first corner and then give the place back to Leclerc ? WHY ! Vettel could have done this without an agreement and was pretty likely to do so based on previous races and would be in the lead for the rest of the race . I am not sure what Ferrari were hoping to do ,should be just race but do not crash into each other

I was cringing over the Ferrari situation til SV retired. I hope the team has learned a lesson from it.

Well done to Albon. He did exactly what was expected of him.

@IanW Was that a car or steering wheel > seat interface problem for Kimi?

Vettel up to his old tricks , however seemed to be a strange agreement let him take the slipstream to the first corner and then give the place back to Leclerc ? WHY ! Vettel could have done this without an agreement and was pretty likely to do so based on previous races and would be in the lead for the rest of the race . I am not sure what Ferrari were hoping to do ,should be just race but do not crash into each other

Was the idea to just slip stream Seb past Hamilton & slot into 2nd place (and stay there - like a good No 2 driver).

Was the idea to just slip stream Seb past Hamilton & slot into 2nd place (and stay there - like a good No 2 driver).

That's my impression, since Hamilton had already stated after qualifying that he intended to slipstream LeClerc at the start. So it would seem that Vettel was instructed to go there before Hamilton could.

That's my impression, since Hamilton had already stated after qualifying that he intended to slipstream LeClerc at the start. So it would seem that Vettel was instructed to go there before Hamilton could.

Well it worked, right up to the point where Vettel decided to screw CLC over. Looks like Karma had the last word though...

advertisement

Back