advertisement

The 2019 F1 season.

I think the time is ripe for someone to come up with a high-speed F1-car response/lifting vehicle.
Losing so many racing laps due to a car (sat on its wheels, not smashed up, not on fire) just looks so amateur.

It's another of the inherent issues with running at street circuits. I know it's all very urban and trendy and all that, but a proper dedicated circuit is a much better fit for F1 than running round the streets of major cities with limited overtaking opportunities, makeshift pits and car recovery issues. I know Monaco is a tradition, but the others need to go. I don't really think we got to see how fast any car was today, they can't follow and the track does not present many overtaking chances unless the delta differential is huge.

That said massive congratulations to Vettel, I am so happy to see him win... yes I know it was in part way gifted, but he was mighty through the traffic and his safety car restarts were a masterclass. Big up to Ferrari too, they seem to have found something now... going to be an interesting end to the season.

235,000 people there to watch it apparently.

Personally I'd love to go there and see and hear it all. But Singapore is soooo bloody expensive.

Would certainly beat having to put up with listening to Paul DiResta talking about Mersh Hades on the telly.

Although Hamilton mathematically could loose the WC, I have noticed that he starts playing the percentage when he is well in front. Takes fewer risks. Can’t blame him.

Although Hamilton mathematically could loose the WC, I have noticed that he starts playing the percentage when he is well in front. Takes fewer risks. Can’t blame him.

i said similar a couple of weeks ago. In the meantime other drivers take wins off each other. As long as he doesn’t suffer say, 3 DNFs, it’s his.

Had to pause the start while getting the Sunday roast done. The 50 minute buffer i built up came in handy for FFWRDing most of the race especially the SC periods which seemed like half the race anyway. Dullest race for quite a while but can't complain as we've had 6 or 7 really good races prior to this snooze fest.

I visited Singapore last year the week before the GP. I liked the place and would love to visit for the GP as well one day. Tis very hot and humid as mentioned.

It was a boring race with all the pacing and this track is a bugger to overtake on unless you have 2+ sec advantage which hardly anyone had except RIC coming from behind a couple of times. Proper cock up by Merc not pushing for the undercut where it is so powerful and a bit of an own goal at Ferrari politically within the team for VET and LEC.

I don't agree HAM is cruising yet, witness his race at Monza pushing like hell with LEC but at Singapore he could not even get close. Ferrari have definately squeezed some major performance out of the car now and getting pole was critical. Without that is was clear that the Merc was faster on race pace but could not get ahead to demonstrate it.

Hamilton is a racer, so I agree he won’t cruise to the title, but he’s also a sensible bloke and knows that he definitely has the title if he just finishes in the big points.

HAM has nothing to prove in Singapore after last year, and it is risky place to play hard, so could not be blamed for simply staying in the mix and letting those with more need to prove something get on with it. HAM can get racy on the more open circuits still to come, and I am sure he will want to spar with VER and LEC when the opportunity arises.

Hammy needs just five 5ths and a 4th, if Charlie Clark wins the remaining six races and grabs fastest lap for each.

All rather unexciting I thought, but then I grew up watching this kind of thing -

(The commentary's crap but the racing was great, especially if you had a track pass!)

All rather unexciting I thought, but then I grew up watching this kind of thing -

(The commentary's crap but the racing was great, especially if you had a track pass!)

Please don’t forget that the previous few races were incredible!

I watched that Crystal Palace race when it was first shown on 100 Greatest Sporting Moments. Amazing stuff.
Twelve years ago I was watching at work over lunch when the finance director walked in. He was at that very race! He said that a wall on the outside of one corner, just along the corner exit, was shielded with mattress type items to help avoid nasty impacts. The drivers, of course, took great pride in whacking the mattress as often as they could :)

Mercedes certainly did one of their strategy botches that appear every now and again , I sure they rely too much on computer simulation or the idea there is always a safety car here and lets wait and we will get a free pitstop , There were safety cars but too late on . Apparently Hamilton was pushing for a pit stop as soon as Vettel did , not the first time gut instinct was correct !

advertisement

Back