advertisement

The 2019 F1 season.

Amusing that at Monza, when it comes to track limits there's one rule for Ferrari and another for everyone else. Plus ca change......

Amusing that at Monza, when it comes to track limits there's one rule for Ferrari and another for everyone else. Plus ca change......

Well, the stewards reckon it was too close to call. Do you have any video proof the other way? (I missed it)

On Sky just now it was explained by, I think, one of the stewards. He said that if it’s that close, they don’t delete the lap time. Is Coulthard impartial?

I dislike Charles because he is just too cool, but fair play to him, he won that fair and square.

The top end speed of that Ferrari was impossible for the Mercedes to match, it just pulled and pulled away on the straights.

Vettel should never of had a baby, its made him unfocused and soft.

I really enjoyed that. A great result from a great race, and not a bad result for Mercedes at Monza.

Well worth my Sky UHD subs!

I dislike Charles because he is just too cool, but fair play to him, he won that fair and square.

The top end speed of that Ferrari was impossible for the Mercedes to match, it just pulled and pulled away on the straights.

Interesting that Mercedes wouldn’t give Lewis the full beans speed setting to try & pull off the move for the lead as that Ferrari was so fast down the straights. Obviously playing the long game and looking after his engines till seasons end.

On Sky just now it was explained by, I think, one of the stewards. He said that if it’s that close, they don’t delete the lap time. Is Coulthard impartial?

It's quite clear on the C4 highlights that Vettel had all four over the white line - but this is Monza so you can get away with anything, including driving like a rock-ape, in a Ferrari. It's tradition, like jumping the start at Monaco if you're a Frenchman. :D

Seven races remain.

Let’s just say Bottas probably won’t be able or allowed to beat Hamilton in a fight.

So, 99 points between Hamilton and Verstappen.

Hamilton can drop 14 points per race to Verstappen, and still win the drivers crown.

I think ;)

Pretty good race there and CLC did very well considering the pressure from Hamilton not to mention the Tifosi. Tough day for Vettel and as already noted, Mercedes just didn't have the pace on the straights. All in all, good race :)

Seven races remain.

Let’s just say Bottas probably won’t be able or allowed to beat Hamilton in a fight.

So, 99 points between Hamilton and Verstappen.

Hamilton can drop 14 points per race to Verstappen, and still win the drivers crown.

I think ;)

Bottas definitely left plenty of room for Lewis through the chicane on the opening lap. I think he’s under team orders (on the quiet) to support Lewis from here on. A shame he couldn’t make a move on CLC on the faster tyre with less laps on them but the wat CLC drove off the corner before the main straight was deeply impressive. He knows how to get his elbows out now too and that’s pricked Hamilton’s ears too knowing the new guys don’t mind a bit of wheel rubbing too.

It’s going to get interesting from here on with Hamilton fighting the new breed and I’m sticking to Seb retiring at the end of the season.

Definately some Ferrari favouritism from the stewards , Le clerc was too agressive and should have had a peanalty , however he did deserve to win !
Vettel has now completely lost the plot and could have caused a very nasty accident . I am not expecting to see him ina car next year

Great race, if Ferrari ever gets their car and strategy on a level with Mercedes then I think Lewis Hamilton will also be thinking of stopping, Charles Leclerc is some find for Ferrari, if Vettel does leave, who would be the possible team mate for Charles Leclerc?

Yeah, it still seems as though Mercedes has the best all-round car if not the quickest in a straight line. But the best car all-round next year? I think Ferarri and Red Bull will be even closer if not on par. I think strategy and driver line-up will be even more important next year as will pit crew-performance as ever.

Charles is actually a nice person, very humble, and clearly a very talented race driver, when compared to the other drivers.

Mercedes chose to run with more downforce to look after their tyres and make them quicker through the corners, i.e. it was a tactical choice.

Vettel was very fast when he had the RBR that handled exactly as it wanted to . The hybrid powerplants made it very difficult to make the car handle exactly as he wanted, and he has struggled since their introduction. Having a baby may have weakened his performances, or maybe having Charles in the other Ferrari has shown him that his days are numbered.

I lost concentration for a while on the C4 highlights show as I was processing some record shop orders. Can someone please explain how Lewis ended up third and about half a minute down the road? Last time I looked he was right on LeClerec’s back bumper (I saw the escape road thing and can’t believe he was allowed to keep that place).

advertisement

Back