advertisement

The 2019 F1 season.

I don’t think that Bottas particularly likes being a No. 2, so maybe he should go to a team where he could be a No. 1. Can’t see that being a top team, so maybe back to Williams? Although Russell might have something to say about that!

I don’t think that Bottas particularly likes being a No. 2, so maybe he should go to a team where he could be a No. 1. Can’t see that being a top team, so maybe back to Williams? Although Russell might have something to say about that!
If this was to happen, it could be in 2021 after RUS has had another year getting used to F1 and is ready for a swap into Merc if he looks good enough.

Haas ditch both current drivers, leaving a couple of drives for people who can take the team to the next level?

The Haas boys really have used up all their get out of jail free cards , too many mistakes and wheel banging , I will be very surprised if they are both there next year .However maybe finding replacements could be difficult as Haas have become far less competitive of late

The Haas boys really have used up all their get out of jail free cards , too many mistakes and wheel banging , I will be very surprised if they are both there next year .However maybe finding replacements could be difficult as Haas have become far less competitive of late

You'd hope that there's plenty of talented drivers in lower formulas waiting for the chance of an F1 drive. Whether they have the money behind them is another matter though.

Another good shout. Does Grosjean do anything but whine about being passed by other drivers while Kev thinks he's racing bumper cars - normally with his team mate.

Maybe both moving to Formula-E, what about George Russell as one replacement, before he moves to Ferrari, or would that be a bad move?

Maybe both moving to Formula-E, what about George Russell as one replacement, before he moves to Ferrari, or would that be a bad move?
Formula -E are welcome to them! ;)

Unless Williams can improve their car, then it wouldn't be a and shout to get Russell in there an see what he can do. Signs are promising as he was mixing it with a few other lower teams at the last race after some improvements to the car. Can't judge him against Kubica though as we all know he's nowhere near the levels he was before the accident. I've got maximum respect for him just getting back in an F1 car after that horrific accident and what he's had to do just to get this far. That must have taken a lot of guts and hard work. I was a massive fan of his at the time and thought he was as good as anyone around at the time. Certainly at Alonso level.

Gasly out and Albon in at Red Bull. Not sure what this might do to Albon's confidence if he doesn't perform in the next 9 races. Gasly's is probably shot now.

I can't help but feel that this promotion of very young and relatively inexperienced drivers to a top team that demands results from the get go is not the best idea.

Albon is older and more experienced than Verstappen, other than in F1...

That's as maybe but a) this is F1 and b) it's unfair to compare any of them to Verstappen who is clearly one of those very special drivers that come along once every decade or so.

There are quite a few drivers who have been swallowed up and spat out by the pressure of F1 and it's getting worse. Anyway I hope Albon bucks the trend and does well at RB.

Gasly out and Albon in at Red Bull. Not sure what this might do to Albon's confidence if he doesn't perform in the next 9 races. Gasly's is probably shot now.

Is this for next year, or effective immediately?

Gasly looked very good in Torro Rosso so I was expecting him to do well , unfortunately he has been worse than expected and not really anywhere near Verstappens pace and perhaps he has cracked under the pressure . I hope Alban can do well and not become another victim of the meat grinder

advertisement

Back