advertisement

The 2017 F1 Thread

Drivers have more than enough protection already. If F1 drivers feel vulnerable there are other formulas where they are totally enclosed.

I'd have expected the windshield to be a big aerodynamic advantage, has to be better than the air hitting the driver flat in the face, surely?

I'd have expected the windshield to be a big aerodynamic advantage, has to be better than the air hitting the driver flat in the face, surely?

They always have a small deflector at the front of the cockpit. It's the bare minimum, as ever.

150mph lap is pretty impressive too for 1.6 litre engines!!

Lewis absolutely owned that Q3 session.

I bet even Cav was impressed? ;)

C'mon Cav, lets hear some praise for your favourite F1 driver of all time. :D

Oh, he's only 1 pole shy of matching MS's pole record. Think it's safe to say he the record holder of poles before the end of the season.

20 races per season against, certainly in the 80s, 16? What about in the 60s? Fewer than ten in some seasons I think.

Lewis absolutely owned that Q3 session.

I bet even Cav was impressed? ;)

C'mon Cav, lets hear some praise for your favourite F1 driver of all time. :D

Oh, he's only 1 pole shy of matching MS's pole record. Think it's safe to say he the record holder of poles before the end of the season.

Pole means nothing. Multiple poles mean nothing.

20 races per season against, certainly in the 80s, 16? What about in the 60s? Fewer than ten in some seasons I think.

Spot on. For a long time, Jim Clark had the highest percentage of wins in a season. That was in 1963, when he won 7 out of 9 races.

Why is Silverstone regarded as the best circuit?

Would Monaco, Spa or Monza not be higher rated, in any order?

I think when you see the driver's being interviewed after yesterday's quali. that becomes clear. Very seldom do you see them enthusing so much about anywhere else and mentioning taking successive corners "flat".

From a speccies point of view I think there are more exiting circuits in the season but the driver's all seem to rate this one even above Spa.

advertisement

Back