advertisement

The 2017 F1 Thread

Tony Lockhart

Avoiding Stress, at Every Opportunity
Before we know it, the drivers will be in seats, the sponsors will be sorted, the testing will be over, and I'll be wondering why I bloody bother watching it all.

New cars, wider wings, wider tyres........ what else?

How about having just one bay for pit stops that teams have to book by phone during the race via a single receptionist? 'Sorry, can't fit you in on lap 20, how about lap 32? Anything else I can help you with?'

<moderating>

I've edited the thread title, it was quite funny but it will wear thin after a while and we do need a 2017 F1 thread. Ill go lock the 2016 one.

How about having just one bay for pit stops that teams have to book by phone during the race via a single receptionist? 'Sorry, can't fit you in on lap 20, how about lap 32? Anything else I can help you with?'

More likely to be "we are experiencing a high volume of calls right now and all our agents are busy. You may wish to call back later, or visit our web site. Goodbye".

Click. Brrrrrr.

<moderating>

I've edited the thread title, it was quite funny but it will wear thin after a while and we do need a 2017 F1 thread. Ill go lock the 2016 one.
Can we get rid of the full stop in the fred title please?

Titles, chapter headings, headings in general ... no full stop. It looks odd, and will drive those of a delicate grammatical sensibility mad if it remains for a full year! ;)

...and self-service fuel pumps where drivers can gamble on whether it'll be faster to queue in the shop or go to the credit card lane (maximum purchase £99 of course) where they might be blocked if the driver in front has forgotten his PIN.

Anyone other than Hamilton, the arrogant little tax-dodging twunt.

Arrogant, maybe but tax dodging? Erm no, or not to the extent you are probably accusing him.

All F1 drivers pay tax for each race in each relevant country they race and therefore earn in.

He may live in Monaco (like most of them) but he does pay his way.

advertisement

Back