advertisement

The 2017 F1 Thread

I think when you see the driver's being interviewed after yesterday's quali. that becomes clear. Very seldom do you see them enthusing so much about anywhere else and mentioning taking successive corners "flat".

From a speccies point of view I think there are more exiting circuits in the season but the driver's all seem to rate this one even above Spa.

Absolutely. I watched HAM pole lap on my hi res monitor with headphones. The sheer speed they take the sequence of corners more or less flat out is exhilarating even sitting at home.

The joy of seeing Vettel lose. Well done Kimi. So pleased that Verstappen beat Vettel. Dead boring this F1? I don't think so.

I think when you see the driver's being interviewed after yesterday's quali. that becomes clear. Very seldom do you see them enthusing so much about anywhere else and mentioning taking successive corners "flat".

From a speccies point of view I think there are more exiting circuits in the season but the driver's all seem to rate this one even above Spa.

Suzuka, Silverstone and Spa are the drivers favourites I think. Although some hate Spa and F1 has done their best to ruin Silverstone with that stupid "arena section".

Aargh, we had a power outage in the neighborhood this morning, came back on in time for me to only see the last ten laps.

You just don't understand motor racing, do you Cav?

It's about going really fast, round a circuit, in a car. If you are the fastest, you are the best.

If you have the best car and are even a reasonably competent driver, you should win.

F1 Motor racing is not complicated, per se, but has become so to the extent that you can have 30(?) changes to the various bits of an engine, must use 2 different tyres (for no reason at all), have artificial excitement introduced (safety cars virtual or otherwise) and enforced pit stops - yeah F1 is the very best that motorsport has to offer.

So much so that Silverstone won't play the game for much longer because it costs too much.

Haven't heard Vettel's comments re Verstappen, yet.
I, too, listened to both quali and the race on headphones, an amazing experience listening to the different sounds from the engines, going from side to side, plus the helicopter coming and going.

Glad to see Vettel have a tyre problem as payback for his antics last time , he was also loosing his rag with verstappen this time because after he forced him off the road , vettel did not like it when verstappen repaid him in kind . He thinks he is above everyone else and should be the champ but he has real spoilt brat syndrome fromhis red bull days when he had the best car by miles

In fairness to Vettel, Bottas said, in reference to when he was squeezed by Vettel at the same place where Vettel squeezed Verstappen, that it was just 'hard racing', adding overtaking [a competitor as opposed to a backmarker] shouldn't be easy and that he would have done the same himself.

advertisement

Back