advertisement

The 2017 F1 Thread

Apologising is maybe taken as an admission of liability?

Not sure why that's a problem. People make mistakes and do the wrong things. I have a lot more respect and confidence in people who can recognise that, to the point it would seriously worry me if they couldn't.

I see admitting you're wrong as a strength, just as long as you don't put yourself in the position of having to do it often.

Vettel's current position is showing contempt for the FIA or at least the race stewards. He may feel this way but doing this in public is a bad move.

Ron has left McLaren now, including resigning from the board and selling his 25% share.

Funny Tony, that brought up the memory of Chico Serra in March 793 almost 40 years ago.

I can't remember last month.

Bizarre how the brain works!

I see admitting you're wrong as a strength, just as long as you don't put yourself in the position of having to do it often.

Vettel's current position is showing contempt for the FIA or at least the race stewards. He may feel this way but doing this in public is a bad move.

The stewards made their decision. Don't believe the rules require or recognise apologies. Contempt for FIA? It has been for years a contemptible organisation.

The stewards made their decision. Don't believe the rules require or recognise apologies. Contempt for FIA? It has been for years a contemptible organisation.
People make and enforce the rules, there are ways to not piss them off and there are ways to keep them happy (feel respected). Sure there are those who don't get this but they are people who take things very literally.

Fake or real?

19702156_10158954674115652_4670474165214643063_n.jpg

Don't know if real, but it would have been the appropriate sanction at the time for deliberately ramming Hamilton. The stewards need to give themselves an uppercut for bottling that decision. "Causing a collision" is for drivers arriving backwards/sideways at the scene of an accident due to too much exuberance/not enough skill. It shouldn't be used for a road rage/red mist ramming! All IMO etc., etc..

Doesn't look official to me, more to the point car 5 did not deliberately drive in to 44 in the corner and I doubt the FIA would see it that way. It was the action afterwards that is the issue.

It seems he's admitted he was to blame and will do some voluntary work....Ferrari got him to do this no doubt to diffuse the situation. He should have done this earlier.

I think it's fine - the stewards decision stands, I'm sure he has been put on notice that he won't get away with it again, and the WC remains alive and kicking.

advertisement

Back