advertisement

The 2017 F1 Thread

He lives near me and used to be a customer.

He's clearly suffering from an age related illness. Sad.

He probably isn't the best source of an informed opinion though.

FIA is now now considering whether to impose further punishment on the dirty german.

Schumacher was disqualified for the whole season when he did similar on Jacques Villeneuve in '97 although he still retained all his silverware and prize money gained throughout the season. Mind you his tactic had failed and so finished second anyway like he gave a ***t.

^ Works for me:)

Only kidding, to be honest I feel a bit sorry for him. I know exactly what the intent was, and it wasn't to punt him off, it was just a display of aggressive irritation. Doesn't look good, but it's sort of how you use a car sometimes to express yourself.

FIA is now now considering whether to impose further punishment on the dirty german.

Excellent news. Ten seconds wasn't enough.

I think anyone should be forgiven for the red mist descending but there should be a sufficient penalty to prevent a repeat.

If the headrest hadn't come loose on the Merc, Hamilton would have won the race, Vettel would have been fifth, and I rather doubt anyone would be looking at this in the aftermath.

That has to raise questions as to the rational behind Todt's decision.

If the headrest hadn't come loose on the Merc, Hamilton would have won the race, Vettel would have been fifth, and I rather doubt anyone would be looking at this in the aftermath.

That has to raise questions as to the rational behind Todt's decision.

Sorry, I disagree. That sort of behaviour always attracts attention, whether it includes a Brit or not.

So Todt wants to punish Vettel for Mercedes' shoddy pit work and strategy? That's F1 for you...

Vettel behaved very badly and what happened in the race is not relevant , he needs to be punished heavily for this , after all he did not have to do it and is all his own fault .
If Hamilton had done this I would be of the same opinion

Vettel behaved very badly and what happened in the race is not relevant , he needs to be punished heavily for this , after all he did not have to do it and is all his own fault .
If Hamilton had done this I would be of the same opinion

If Hamilton had done it I would have thought that a 10 second penalty was right. Hamilton lost his advantage following a shoddy pit stop when the race was red-fagged.

Somebody tell Lockhart because he seems, vicariously, to hang on my every word. Love it!

advertisement

Back