advertisement

IMG-0413.jpg
IMG-0292.jpg

Living room system. Moon 340 amp, Moon 260D CDP, Audiolab 8000T tuner, Yamaha HD1300 CD recorder, 19thC Chinese tables as rack. Michell Syncro + SME 3009/2, Moon 110lp phono preamp.

This would give me extreme anxiety. Looks incredible.

Thanks! And, I promise, it is extremely easy to use, I even do hand cueing without any palm/finger support. The cueing mechanisms have all been properly restored, I just do not use them. :)

@InSides I'll guess you'e built the rack yourself as well, it looks stunning.

Thanks! I mentioned it somewhere, may be in the thread about the turntable build.

Yes - here is the blurb about the rack.

An integral part of the turntable, a mass loaded affair built of beech and maple, with an internal metal skeleton built of damped aluminium tubes (6082). With general dimensions of 700mm (width), 500mm (depth) and 700mm (height), it rests on hardened steel cones tipped with 12mm Si3N4 ceramic balls. The rack is built as a single piece and cannot be modified nor dismantled unless destroyed.

Shelfing is built up of natural white marble, a type indigenous to my home country, polished on 5 sides and abrasive on the bottom side where it mates with a combination of cork, rubber and Sorbothane to control vibrational spread.

The only difference now is that the feet are aluminium tipped with 8mm Si3N4 ceramic balls.

Not much new here, other than a move around on the shelves to make way for an Apple SuperDrive.

The Musicbook has a usb in, and Lindemann recommend the little drive as a cd transport.

I’ve been wanting to get my CDs out of storage for a while now that I have a dedicated room to listen in, and this seemed like an easy, affordable way to play them again.

Last edited:
you’ll be giving Fraim advocates a heart attack with that picture. Lovely system and great room !
Thank you. I think there is a place for hifi racks, spikes etc if you have a dedicated music room, I just don’t see them in a living room. Skimming over the systems thread for2022 and the first half of 2023, it looked like a clear majority favour conventional furniture repurposed (like mid century Danish sideboards) or commissioned pieces (Tony L has a nice one in his Stereo 20 thread) rather than hifi racks. I am very much in that camp.

Not much new here, other than a move around on the shelves to make way for an Apple SuperDrive.

The Musicbook has a usb in, and Lindemann recommend the little drive as a cd transport.

I’ve been wanting to get my CDs out of storage for a while now that I have a dedicated room to listen in , and this seemed like an easy, affordable way to play them again.

The Apple drive sounds really great using my Lindemann Network or Bridge. Simple and easy to use! Really love the Lindemann pieces I have bought! Your setup looks mighty fine!

PhilofCas

Wow ! what a lovely looking lounge.I love it.... so understated and stylish.
The blend of all the beige color with the sofas and curtains and furniture and flooring.
Even the wood on the door looks fabulous.
And the view out of the window with the tree and hedge is the icing on the cake.

Some follow up photos from ones previously showing ongoing room refurb, a bit of filling/sanding/painting still to do, but pleased with how things have all worked out.

IMG-0280.jpg
IMG-0281.jpg
IMG-0282.jpg
IMG-0283.jpg

Chromecast Audio, Beresford Bushmaster MkII DAC, Tisbury passive pre, Quad 306, Spendor S3/5R2.

Nice room, please include your pet in future pictures.

advertisement

Back