advertisement

Chris81

pfm Member
Happy new year!:cool:
IMG-8706.jpg

That’s a fair change from your system at the beginning of the 2022 thread. Looks a lot more homely
The speakers are a leftover from my 14sqm room and are gonna be changed if I find a buyer. Also the 300b are a leftover from the big Altecs, which I miss sometimes. I'm really undecided in which direction I will go in the future and which kind of speakers I will buy.

What is that stuff? A Passlabs something and a Sugden something else?
https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/members/old-shatterhand.27617/ @ information ;)

The speakers are a leftover from my 14sqm room and are gonna be changed if I find a buyer. Also the 300b are a leftover from the big Altecs, which I miss sometimes. I'm really undecided in which direction I will go in the future and which kind of speakers I will buy.

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/members/old-shatterhand.27617/ @ information ;)

Im having a serious think about a Pass integrated…don’t suppose you had the 25 before the 60 no? Would just be interested in the difference…cheers…

I was surprised you sold those big Altecs!

No, sorry. I considered the INT-25 but I thought I need more power for the Grahams and I think it was the right decision also the measurements (distortion profile with lower power) of the INT-25 @ stereophile has had an influence.

It will depend which speakers you are going to drive.

I was surprised you sold those big Altecs!
I sold them because I went in a 14sqm room with my setup, see: #839
But I didn't listen a lot there because it felt like I have to go "outside our flat" to listen to my hifi and I found that uncomfortable. I also like to listen to the music while cooking in our kitchen behind our living room. Therefore I went back too into our living room with my system.

@Weecrackpot For comparison:
Altec.jpg

I sold them because I went in a 14sqm room with my setup, see: #839
But I didn't listen a lot there because it felt like I have to go "outside our flat" to listen to my hifi and I found that uncomfortable. I also like to listen to the music while cooking in our kitchen behind our living room. Therefore I went back too into our living room with my system.

Makes sense. I was playing fantasy house move today and looking at a place with a small annex. My first thought was what a great music room it would make. My second though was I don't know how much fun it would be hiding away outside the house..

Interesting that you've both got panels behind the speakers, I'm pondering doing the same since redecorating our living room it's a bit more lively and bassy so I'm thinking some 100mm thick ones to go to the side and back of the speakers.

Room's still a bit bare with still some stuff to go in and more cable management, ikea chopping boards with felt feet as floor protectors.

20221231192703-b8d9c18b-la.jpg

20221231192701-1159efdf-la.jpg

Only modest changes. Have now switched to a Whest Two.2 phono stage with a Transfiguration Phoenix on the end of the arm.

I also bought the new audiolab DC blocker 6. Both my hegel and phono stages toroidal were prone to variable buzzing. The audiolab sorts this out but also has enough throughout for up to 1800w of amplification.

oDRmPoH.jpg

DTQPnMn.jpg

oBYSYOO.jpg

Only modest changes. Have now switched to a Whest Two.2 phono stage with a Transfiguration Phoenix on the end of the arm.

I also bought the new audiolab DC blocker 6. Both my hegel and phono stages toroidal were prone to variable buzzing. The audiolab sorts this out but also has enough throughout for up to 1800w of amplification.

Ah - the Syncro - first proper deck I had. Can't believe the 2nd hand prices these command now but I did like what it did at the time :) (bought new in 1985 ish)

advertisement

Back