advertisement

New furniture and layout, just need to finish tidying and fit two glass doors to the cabinet under the TV.

2u2f2bN.jpg

Brave balancing the Locatelli there! Nice to see the Silver Spoon book too. Forms the basis of many of our rotational teas.

Refurbed Axis now installed in dining room / home office system. Phono stage is a Rega Fono A2B, which as well as phono connections to the streamer/pre can also be connected via USB to an iPad running AirChord2 to AirPlay the vinyl anywhere in the house. Rest of the system is Primare I15 Prisma, Dynaudio Excite X34s and 250ii sub. Spot on for the context really.

I seen the shelf before I seen who posted and thought oh I just had one of those lol
Haha, I’m so grateful. Timing was perfect too because I’d aimed to get the new furniture and the room rearranged this week but I needed a suitable turntable support. It’s absolutely perfect!

I had already posted earlier this year in this thread, thinking (hoping!) that there would be no changes whatsoever this year.

But I could not escape the siren call of a "better" mono cartridge, although I did try (I promise!) and dabbled in Audio-Technica waters deeming this too out of budget.

Since this morning, as a counterpart to my EMT TSD MRB, the Audio Technica mono has been replaced with a EMT TMD 015 (Tondose Mono Diamant 15µ).

viber-image-2023-06-26-13-51-45-355.jpg

Mounted on the dedicated SME 3012:

viber-image-2023-06-26-13-51-45-512.jpg

I have only gone through a few LP sides but it sounds really, really good. More tweaking and tinkering as it settles in.

An Ortofon 2m PnP. Currently with the 2m Mono, but will most likely end up with the 2m Black or Bronze.

I have a soft sport (as is aptly shown) for cartridges with integrated headshells for the SME arms. Unfortunately, I waited a bit too much and Ortofon pulled the PnP series in favor of their new "premounted" cartridges. A pity I would say since the PnP to me is incredibly elegant. A very good friend gifted this one to me, but the EMT was already on the way, and now will have to wait some time for funds to come together and put in a "better" 2m.

But the idea was (is!) to have one very good MM cartridge as I seem to focus exclusively on the LOMC varieties. The Shure V15Vx15 was a contender at one time, but the 2m has the advantage of still being in production. :D

Here is what the PnP looks like:

2m-black-pnp.jpg

I absolutely love the design of that cart body/headshell, especially that cueing window(?) on the front.

Yeah, I thought it superfluos when I first got an EMT Tondose, but the cantilever on the MRB is so, so, so thin, this helps immensely with both cueing and setup.

quite apart from the lovely kit - lovely photo.

Thanks, that means a lot - the location of the turntable is such that very few good angles exist, and I had to step on a coffee table to make this happen. :)

Here is another angle - photo recently posted in the other thread about building the turntable.

viber-image-2023-06-29-16-40-50-072.jpg

advertisement

Back