advertisement

Back with Naim :)

systempic-10-02-2023-leftside-view.jpg

Systempics-Naim-Nait-5i-Dali-Oberon-10-02-2023.jpg

Lovely, nice and simple. Another good looking media unit, what is it (I’m looking for one)?

Thanks Ponty :) The media unit is from Kave Home, model 'Taiana'.

It's in oak veneer and comes with a metal frame.
(I decided to leave the metal frame though, as with it you'd be able to see all the cable spaghetti from the sofa or listening position)

Btw, the dimensions of this unit, mentioned on the internet are incorrect!
(it's only 35cm deep, instead of 42cm! (39 on the right half top, if you'd count the door) Therefor there's hardly enough space for a normal sized HiFi component on the shelves!

I love some of the really neat and tidy systems/rooms in the pics above.

Elegant is the word.

Our redecoration is on the back burner, so excuse the faded 70s backdrop to mine!!

New to the rack is my superlative Avid Integra, driving the B&W 802 D3s which are finally giving up their full potential. The sources are my Technics 1210GAE (which I think will shortly be replaced by my fettled Roksan Xerxes 20+) and on the digital side my Roon NUC (“Rock”) into the Musical Fidelity M1-DAC bought as a stop-gap, but sounding rather excellent. Silver disc playback not currently linked up, but will be the superb Sony SCD-777 ES SACD player once I can determine the best way to accommodate it.

52680276511_2784eb0fca_z.jpg

52680543974_7765da91bf_z.jpg

52680663648_2d593d8c78_z.jpg

Part one of living room refurb.

Moved system to long wall (a 90 degree spin), new tv cabinet (tv away being repaired), fireplace/old gas fire to come out (just blanking it off), old surround system to be revamped, maybe just to a sound bar initially, new window, new sofas, flooring, lighting etc.

769-A00-E8-6-FC2-4-DAC-ABF4-5-CC64-CF5-EBDE.jpg

Just to add, as simple as it gets, a Chromecast Audio, run off a battery charger, into a Tisbury passive pre, Quad 306 power, Spendor S3/5R2, playing Spotify, controlled with IPhone. (BK Electronics XLS200 sub., not in use at the moment).
Bit of progress, fireplace out and gas capped off, plasterer to book for boarding up/skimming etc, flooring to sort, new table, window being fitted on Tuesday, tv back sometime next week, new lights (wall and BIG one) and curtain pole and curtains here to be fitted, wall socket to move, 2 sets of double doors to replace. All in, probably done by 2030 :).
Loving the extra distance between the speakers, nearly 2.4mtr, impressed at the improvement this has brought, they were woefully closer together on short wall of room prior to this. (Both sub and DAC back in play).
1-D91-D095-7-FDD-4-D6-B-A60-F-EEE14236-A791.jpg

I love some of the really neat and tidy systems/rooms in the pics above.

Elegant is the word.

Our redecoration is on the back burner, so excuse the faded 70s backdrop to mine!!

New to the rack is my superlative Avid Integra, driving the B&W 802 D3s which are finally giving up their full potential. The sources are my Technics 1210GAE (which I think will shortly be replaced by my fettled Roksan Xerxes 20+) and on the digital side my Roon NUC (“Rock”) into the Musical Fidelity M1-DAC bought as a stop-gap, but sounding rather excellent. Silver disc playback not currently linked up, but will be the superb Sony SCD-777 ES SACD player once I can determine the best way to accommodate it.

52680276511_2784eb0fca_z.jpg

52680543974_7765da91bf_z.jpg

52680663648_2d593d8c78_z.jpg

That Avid Integra integrated is a fabulous looking piece of gear, would love to hear one at some point!

Bit of progress, fireplace out and gas capped off, plasterer to book for boarding up/skimming etc, flooring to sort, new table, window being fitted on Tuesday, tv back sometime next week, new lights (wall and BIG one) and curtain pole and curtains here to be fitted, wall socket to move, 2 sets of double doors to replace. All in, probably done by 2030 :).
Loving the extra distance between the speakers, nearly 2.4mtr, impressed at the improvement this has brought, they were woefully closer together on short wall of room prior to this. (Both sub and DAC back in play).
1-D91-D095-7-FDD-4-D6-B-A60-F-EEE14236-A791.jpg

That room is screaming ‘Rug!’

Larsen 6.2

They are just great speakers if you fancy the omni concept a bit.
Walk around and soundstage sort of follow" you,
Well made by people from the old Swedish Carlsson fame.

Wish more speakers, current available, would work right up against rear wall like these do.
Its crazy you sometime need to place speakers more than one metre out in room, must be really annoying.

Thinking back my SBL, Isobarik and others didn't have that compromise.

Last edited:
Not a lot of changes to the base of the system(s) since last year - so consider this a focus on the analog front-ends where some changes have been made.

Speaker system:

viber-image-2023-02-11-16-44-18-906.jpg

All three SME tonearms recently serviced (maintenance checks), sporting (counterclockwise from the right tonearm) - (1) EMT Tondose TSD MRB, (2) Audio-Technica AT33Mono in a Audio-Technica LH15/OCC headshell, and (3) Ortofon SPU #1.

Consequently, that is the order of usage from most to least.

Rest of the system remains the same - Sonus Faber Olympica II + Devialet Expert 200.

Headphone system:

viber-image-2023-02-11-16-44-19-322.jpg

Technics SL-1210MK7 sporting (1) aluminium turntable mat, (2) aluminium record weight, (3) balanced tonearm output, (4) IsoAcoustics Gaia III feet and (5) Denon DL-A110 (110th anniversary version of the DL-103).

Rest of the system remains the same - Elac PPA-2 phono preamp, SPL Phonitor 2 headphone amp, SAC KH-1000 headphone amp, Matrix mini-i 3 Pro streamer DAC, and a selection of headphones.

Last edited:
Wish more speakers, current available, would work right up against rear wall like these do.
Its crazy you sometime need to place speakers more than one metre out in room, must be really annoying.
I agree Per! Sometimes, when I visited a HiFi-show (been a long time) or watch a HiFi-show coverage video on YouTube I wonder...how many of these visitors really have the space to put the speakers that far into the room ?! :rolleyes: (they most likely will be single, have a large livingroom, no kids and/or a VERY tolerant SWMBO!)

Last edited:
They are just great speakers if you fancy the omni concept a bit.
Walk around and soundstage sort of follow" you,
Well made by people from the old Carlsson fame.

Thinking back my SBL, Isobarik and others didn't have that compromise.

I had a pair of Larsen 4.2’s for almost five years, running off my Naim Uniti1, and then Naim XS3. Totally enjoyed them, a speaker that is physically out of the way of the room, and plays wonderful music. I imagine I could have left things right there and been satisfied overall. Highly recommend Larsen!

The new Elex Mk4 replaces the Brio. Majik spec’d LP12 with karousel, lingo 4, 2m black and LS 50’s completes the system on view. There’s a B&W formation audio streamer in the unit which is connected to the Elex DAC. It also streams the LP12 to the Formation Duo speakers in the spare room.
pWbfcwT.jpg

advertisement

Back