advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest update, still enjoying the kefs, but now with an SVS 3000 Micro taking over the low end duties.

xrE1NNA.jpg

Latest update, still enjoying the kefs, but now with an SVS 3000 Micro taking over the low end duties.

Just 1 more sub to go :)

How are you finding this setup? I was debating this same setup, but with 2 subs. Does it make the Kefs sound 'larger'? This would be my complaint of smaller woofers, for some reason the music always seems 'smaller' It's hard to explain. I don't mean more bass. Larger drivers just seem to me to sound more real with things like drums, for instance. Could all just be in my head and could be all bass related!

Just 1 more sub to go :)

How are you finding this setup? I was debating this same setup, but with 2 subs. Does it make the Kefs sound 'larger'? This would be my complaint of smaller woofers, for some reason the music always seems 'smaller' It's hard to explain. I don't mean more bass. Larger drivers just seem to me to sound more real with things like drums, for instance. Could all just be in my head and could be all bass related!

well now the kefs only really handle 90hz and up, so they’re not responsible for any of the heft. It’s a much more balanced sound and using the EQ on the svs I have clean output down to 30hz or so. The room has a null that prevents me from realising this subs true low end.

Thanks for that.

I’ve also got a null in my room (@70Hz). It was my understanding that using dual subs can help with dips in bass response. I’ve no idea where I got this idea from, so I might need to research that a bit.

Thanks for that.

I’ve also got a null in my room (@70Hz). It was my understanding that using dual subs can help with dips in bass response. I’ve no idea where I got this idea from, so I might need to research that a bit.

well more subs allow you to place them in different parts of the room and even out room response. But I wouldn’t want a sub playing at 100hz.

51283848399_8b698a11f9_b.jpg

51283122691_435cfd5d92_b.jpg

DPS, Schroeder, Lyra Skala
Jay's Audio transport, AMR DAC
Dynavector L300/P300, HX1.2
Mogami analogue cabling, Mark Grant digital

Too many boxes for me but I like how the black contrasts with the racks. Those Obelisks always have looked interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back