advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
My room is relatively small, approx 12ft by 10ft and they work perfectly, no bass/boom issues...
I watched your video on YouTube. It is amazing the 40.3XD can fit in the size of your room. Personally I would not consider anything larger than the C7ES3 in that room. Having said that, I presume the 40.3 XD may have been tweaked to show a better or more linear bass response than the 40.1 or older M40. Also, I noticed the speakers have significant toe-in which would be necessary to ameliorate bass issues. Personally I'm not a fan of major toe-in of speakers but in this context it would be necessary.

Do you listen to rock or music with a lot of fast thumping bass? I wonder how will the 40.3 XD cope in that space. With both my SHL5 and SHL5+ in a larger room, anything lesser than 600mm to the rear wall the bass will sound uneven or thick. SHL5+ is more friendly with placement than the SHL5 as it can go closer to the rear and side walls without showing excessive or lumpy bass output.

This is my little corner feauring Hegel, Boenicke, Technics, Harmony Design, Decca and AKG. Definately no more upgrades this year, I'm done.

20210620-142841.jpg

20210620-142841.jpg[

hJ36tj59

a>

20210620-142841.jpg

That is a lovely and smart looking little system

Moonbuggy, how do you find the stands for your Boenicke’s? While I think they look okay, and obviously made for them, they always appear kind of “spindly”. I am sure they are fine, just curious as to how sturdy they are in real world? Nice setup, looks great!

Moonbuggy, how do you find the stands for your Boenicke’s? While I think they look okay, and obviously made for them, they always appear kind of “spindly”. I am sure they are fine, just curious as to how sturdy they are in real world? Nice setup, looks great!

Hi TimF
They are indeed spindly and not solid. The foot, stem and top plate all bolt together nicely and the speaker bolts onto the top plate with felt discs coupling the interface. The foot is such that it wont allow the speaker to topple and has adjustable felt tipped footers for levelling. So, sturdy enough!
The speaker will sway if nudged, but this compliance is designed in to facilitate the effect that the floor standers get with the swing bases. It's totally counter intuitive at first, especially after investing in Gaia's for my previous speakers, but the system works and the result is quite remarkable.

Hi TimF
They are indeed spindly and not solid. The foot, stem and top plate all bolt together nicely and the speaker bolts onto the top plate with felt discs coupling the interface. The foot is such that it wont allow the speaker to topple and has adjustable felt tipped footers for levelling. So, sturdy enough!
The speaker will sway if nudged, but this compliance is designed in to facilitate the effect that the floor standers get with the swing bases. It's totally counter intuitive at first, especially after investing in Gaia's for my previous speakers, but the system works and the result is quite remarkable.

Very good, thanks for the comments, it is a smart little design, and the speaker is very interesting. I had read initial reviews I think in 6moons sometime back. Have fun with them, enjoy your system, nice and simple!

If you get a new LG TV with WISA built in you don't even need an AV amp as the tele will send the signal to each speaker without need for the AV processor
plus the hub works with Tidal and apple and qobuz and more ,
They do also make a bigger floor standing speaker the A700 which may suit you size room better

@bazza. Small question, how have you integrated the A500 into your Marantz/ATC surround set-up? By connecting the L/R pre-out from the Marantz into the analogue in of the hub? You can also answer by PM to keep this thread clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back