advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often wonder what a VMN40ML stylus would give me over my existing.
6Vqvy6z.jpg

That Luxman is gorgeous. I should have worked harder in school.
Haha, it is a lovely thing but I can't say I am the model student either :). It also looks MUCH nicer in person than in my photos, but most hifi does I find. Its only drawback is that it is a pricy beast, but very fairly priced compared to how much you'd have to spend to significantly better it....

Just Playing ‘Etta Jones - Fine & Mellow’ and wondering what more the multi-thousand dollar speaker rigs could possibly give me. These Falcon LS3/5a (via vintage Quads) are a dream...And before Etta Jones it’s was the amazing Blossom Dearie. If in doubt, just grab a pair. For those interested, I’m drinking a variety of IPAs: [the fireplace is covered until I can find a suitable centre piece]. Cheers

NB. the LS3/5a are approx. 1.15m from the wall and 1.60m from the listener:
uDQyV5P.jpg

Ahhh IPAs, now youre talking.
Never been a fan of Jaipur, Salt are a great brewery (love their Alpaca DDH), not sure about the Camden, but I do know and like this Brewdog / Cloudwater collab. Being from Manchester, breweries like Track, Pomona and Cloudwater are the ones I know and love best.

Current favourite is oddly a real bargain Brewdog oat cream DDH IPA called Duopolis. £5 for 4 x 330ml! Perfect.

Thank you soldier, just trying a few passing recipes myself. As said earlier, I’m more a bitter or pale ale drinker. Perfect felicitations Sir. Utterly assholed. *

* Anyone who’s had COVID and fancies a jolly evening in the SW Nottingham area, send me a PM and maybe you could pop over for an enjoyable evening.

Not had it yet, or had the vaccine. Pencil me in for 2023

Got my new rack yesterday. It’s the Hi-fi Racks Slimline. Supposed to be walnut stain but it’s a lot darker than my Falcons. Very nice though. Also, the Quad 99 CDP-2 is new. I’ve got a Chromecast plugged into it’s DAC for Roon streaming. Using the 34 pre now as my best 33 is in for service:

VeRz3ku.jpg

4vtCIAJ.jpg

I would recommend not putting anything that generates a lot of heat on the shelves. I had the Slimline and the shelves started to split.

Hifi Racks changed it for a Podium Reference - two of these shelves (5 years on) have started splitting too.

They have a warning on their website about this.

I honestly don't think i could relax looking at such a pile of oppressive gear; my previous stack of naim had a similar effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back