advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, from Mark Grant. Just well made, inexpensive and do a good job. My interconnects are from Design-A-Cable which are less than a mile from my house, so I can pick them up from their office. They make great quality cables for Quad, I discovered them after looking for a new source after Flashback closed.

https://www.designacable.com/audio-visual/quad-cables.html
Just bought some Van Dammes to replace my QEDs. Pleased with them.

Just bought some Van Dammes to replace my QEDs. Pleased with them.

I’ve got another set of Van Dammes in my second system upstairs which I use for movies and games. Put the system together from spare kit I had: 46” TV, PS4, Arcam DAC, NAD C316BEE and some old Gale Gold Monitors I got recently from eBay for £40.

I ask as I have Cheviots and have been debating a switch to valves for them. The Kel is certainly good value for money.
HPD's do seem to thrive on a bit more grunt than Golds need. The kel84 might be fine with your Cheviots, but you may prefer something more powerful.

Swapped out the P8 feet for Orea Graphites. Definitely worth doing. But I am realising I may need to clean some of my vinyl (again) as the dust in this bloody house gets everywhere!!!

Got my new rack yesterday. It’s the Hi-fi Racks Slimline. Supposed to be walnut stain but it’s a lot darker than my Falcons. Very nice though. Also, the Quad 99 CDP-2 is new. I’ve got a Chromecast plugged into it’s DAC for Roon streaming. Using the 34 pre now as my best 33 is in for service:

VeRz3ku.jpg

4vtCIAJ.jpg

where did you get the Quad CDP from? Was it eBay by any chance?

I sold one on eBay about four weeks ago. They’re a popular choice. Hope you’re enjoying yours.

It was hard to justify for a while as I don’t have any CDs anymore but I knew I could use the inputs for my Chromecast with Roon. As I have the disc drive there I might buy the occasional CD to try out. I do miss them a bit.

Got my new rack yesterday. It’s the Hi-fi Racks Slimline. Supposed to be walnut stain but it’s a lot darker than my Falcons. Very nice though. Also, the Quad 99 CDP-2 is new. I’ve got a Chromecast plugged into it’s DAC for Roon streaming. Using the 34 pre now as my best 33 is in for service:

VeRz3ku.jpg

4vtCIAJ.jpg

You don't see many Swiss Cheese Plants these days!

I have one at work that is still alive and in reasonable health. It is occupying a stair well at work, having outgrown a normal home. I, together with then girlfriend, bought it in M & S, Manchester in 1980. It has traveled to all my home and workplaces ever since. What am I going to do with it when I retire? - 2 years to go and counting down..

You don't see many Swiss Cheese Plants these days!

I have one at work that is still alive and in reasonable health. It is occupying a stair well at work, having outgrown a normal home. I, together with then girlfriend, bought it in M & S, Manchester in 1980. It has traveled to all my home and workplaces ever since. What am I going to do with it when I retire? - 2 years to go and counting down..

Wow, didn’t know they survived that long - that’s nearly as old as me! My partner bought it a couple of years ago and it’s grown quite a lot in that time already. I see them for sale regularly, I didn’t know they’re weren’t as popular as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back