advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
2ManyBoxes : I hope you got to the end of the treatment path before covid hit

At the risk of derailing the thread with "inconsequential stuff" so ill be brief,

Unfortunately not, broke my spine a couple of times back in early 90's - one very serious car crash, total paralysis from chest down 4months in hospital but thanks to a wizard of a neurosurgeon and 27hrs of operations I regained pretty much all function apart from bladder/bowel control) and walked out of hospital, 2years later I broke spine again in a downhill mtb race, this time not so serious as I just broke the titanium supporting structures put in place in the first operations along with a few vertebrae. Due to previous massive damage my nhs/spinal consultants didn't take my issues seriously and merely placed the blame on my ever decreasing muscle strength on previous spinal cord damage and referred me to a psychologist as I wasn't coming to terms with my condition, I complained over a period of 15 years to no avail but eventually went private and got an immediate initial diagnoses of ms, further investigations showed my disease had progressed very rapidly due to not receiving any treatment by disease modifying drugs over previous 15odd years and was actually secondary progressive ms for which there is no treatment - this was back in 2017.

Hey ho.........least I can still wipe my own arse ;), one thing ive learned is there is always someone in a worse situation than yourself - no matter what.

Anyway...back on topic.....music is great aint it?, hifi is great aint it?, with so many in the world scratching an existence just to survive on a day to day basis, to be in a position to pontificate and discuss the merits of "what cable for..." puts our troubles and worries into perspective.

Good grief. What a remarkable and uplifting attitude you have to being in such a dreadful place. I think your post above simply puts everything into perspective but also demonstrates what enjoyment can be derived from music, and if course the toys to allow that, and of course the nonsensical and of course the helpful discussions which can be had here on PFM.

140203772_10165302951150599_4733572613679204131_n.jpg
Formats pretty much covered, and I'm pretty content with this pile of stuff.

Is that a NAD C368 amp?

Looks like mine, how are you finding it?

Good grief. What a remarkable and uplifting attitude you have to being in such a dreadful place. I think your post above simply puts everything into perspective but also demonstrates what enjoyment can be derived from music, and if course the toys to allow that, and of course the nonsensical and of course the helpful discussions which can be had here on PFM.

For the record I have the same condition, diagnosed 2000, so it's not been exactly a terminal illness for me.

Also I have a CXN V2, pretty pleased with it - fires into the Tuner section on my Naim 202 preamp.

Sorry to hear that hornblower I hope it is under control with DM therapies, it's surprising just how prevalent the condition is in our northern hemisphere but there is somewhat/potentially promising news for future treatments from using the mRNA gene sequencing as used in the BioNtech/Pfizer production of covid vaccines

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/371/6525/145

https://khn.org/morning-breakout/bi...multiple-sclerosis-with-another-mrna-vaccine/

https://mstrust.org.uk/news/researchers-develop-mrna-vaccine-treat-ms-condition-mice

Right....I've polluted the thread quite far enough with my guff.....show us your system pics/rooms.

Cheers martin clark & whaleblue

But back to gear pron.........

50863840338_a353fbd251_k.jpg

I give you...the mighty kitchen listening system comprising of Audioengine A2 and echo dot, if I was to describe the sound quality of the A2's in the manner of my report cards from yonder schooldays it'd say : Tries very hard to accomplish all given tasks but flounders somewhat with complex passages needing a delicate touch. Attempts to give an honest and warm interpretation of information received yet whilst the feedback isn't always the most accurate it is of consequential value as 100% effort is always on show which is all we can ask for.

EDIT : arghhhhhh - apologies for huge picture of tiny speakers
2nd edit : wow...you can reduce the bb code size in Flickr, who knew?........

Is that a NAD C368 amp?

Looks like mine, how are you finding it?
Nope. It’s a brand new NAD C658 streamer/dac. My amp is bryston. So far it’s quite remarkable but still trying out different functions. Very customizable and with BluOS and Bluesound throughout the house, it’s the mothership for whole house integration.

Cheers martin clark & whaleblue

But back to gear pron.........

50863840338_a353fbd251_k.jpg

I give you...the mighty kitchen listening system comprising of Audioengine A2 and echo dot, if I was to describe the sound quality of the A2's in the manner of my report cards from yonder schooldays it'd say : Tries very hard to accomplish all given tasks but flounders somewhat with complex passages needing a delicate touch. Attempts to give an honest and warm interpretation of information received yet whilst the feedback isn't always the most accurate it is of consequential value as 100% effort is always on show which is all we can ask for.

EDIT : arghhhhhh - apologies for huge picture of tiny speakers
2nd edit : wow...you can reduce the bb code size in Flickr, who knew?........
Nice to see a fellow Robert MacFarlane fan.

Nope. It’s a brand new NAD C658 streamer/dac. My amp is bryston. So far it’s quite remarkable but still trying out different functions. Very customizable and with BluOS and Bluesound throughout the house, it’s the mothership for whole house integration.

Cheers, thanks for that, sounds interesting

really nice, how do you find the Benchmark?

Chris

It replaced a NAP 200, and was meant to be a building block to 'something beter' but has stayed for the last 5 yaesr or so, and I am noyt yet inclined to cahneg it.

There is incredible detail, deeps lows and a black bacground. It doesnt have the 'false' mid-bass hump/drive of Naim.

It seems to cope well with my 804d2. It does get beter with better fuses (SR Orange), power supply (BMU and MRCRU cables) and being on vibration isolators (Isoacoustics) .

I am pondering buying another to hozizontally biamp.

If you need a small cool running neutral amp, amnd like to knwo taht you are haering all of your source correctly, then I would recomend an audition

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back