advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of pics of my current set up
20210121-145058.jpg
20210121-145524.jpg

Goldring Lenco GL-75 with homemade birch ply plinth, PEEK bearing, Ortofon AS-212 tonearm, Goldring 1042 cart & Rega fono mm mk2 PS
Rega Apollo R CDP & Allo Digione Signature with Volumio, streaming Spotify Premium & Qobuz Studio via BubbleUPnP both hooked up to Rega DAC R.
Ion Systems Obelisk 3 freshly recapped & serviced by Nytech
Kef LS50 speakers on Atacama Moseco 6 stands
Topping L30 headphone amp & Sennheiser HD600 headphones
Van Damme interconnects
Generic 10swg OFC speaker cable
Mains cables long enough to reach the sockets.
Really enjoying this set up & don't envisage any changes this year unless something really unexpected happens financially.
TS

Nice space - and loving the Bridget Riley litho on the left! Is it 'Red'? Where did you get it?

Actually we're about to make another room up for music and reading. That room is a nice space to relax. My wife decided she wanted a litho from that Bridget Riley series after we saw one in Bath. She wanted the blue/green version so we went to a London dealer, may have been Karsten Schubert, asked them to ask around. Turned out the only one they could find was in Bridget Riley's loft, but she was happy to sell it, which was nice. We bought another one a year or two ago and we offered the dealer to go and collect it, he said not to worry, he'd deliver it, and were surprised to see him carrying it up the street. He'd brought it, framed, from Earls Court to North London on the tube. Very nice guy, if a little strange.

In 2020 I decided to try the new EAR Phonobox for Koetsu Urushi m/c instead of using the m/c phono inside Devialet Expert.
I also bought an Origin Live Aladdin Mk2 medium output cartridge for use on a Jelco 850 that replaced a Jelco 750. The OL is a badged SoundSmith Zephyr Mk3 and is a complete joy.
Also bought a pair of Wilson Sabrina at the end of the year. My wife's choice. A really good pair of speakers.
50858445477_d1c7c6adb8_h.jpg

Like the Sytem and teh Kadishman

A couple of pics of my current set up
20210121-145058.jpg
20210121-145524.jpg

Goldring Lenco GL-75 with homemade birch ply plinth, PEEK bearing, Ortofon AS-212 tonearm, Goldring 1042 cart & Rega fono mm mk2 PS
Rega Apollo R CDP & Allo Digione Signature with Volumio, streaming Spotify Premium & Qobuz Studio via BubbleUPnP both hooked up to Rega DAC R.
Ion Systems Obelisk 3 freshly recapped & serviced by Nytech
Kef LS50 speakers on Atacama Moseco 6 stands
Topping L30 headphone amp & Sennheiser HD600 headphones
Van Damme interconnects
Generic 10swg OFC speaker cable
Mains cables long enough to reach the sockets.
Really enjoying this set up & don't envisage any changes this year unless something really unexpected happens financially.
TS

Where'd you get the unit/rack from? Just what I'm after! Cracking looking setup :)

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I once spotted Rupert Maas cycling past Waterloo Station with a framed painting in a tote bag over his shoulder...

At least he put it in a bag. The Riley that came on the tube was rather bigger than that. But then people have left canoes on the tube.

Years ago I bought a Plinius amp from a dealer in Sicily, not a light item, they put a lot of stamps on the box and sent it surface mail. It turned up about a month later. My postman was not happy. It worked. Strong amps, Plinius.

Thanks for the links. May I ask where you got your system cabinet from?

There's a chap called Simon Gavin, he had a company called Blok that made the Stax hifi stands, which he sold to Monitor Audio as he wanted to do mainly bespoke. He's a very good designer and sensibly priced. His site is here https://audinni.com

This unit will be for sale in a few months. I had a massive system with monoblocks, lots of separates, etc. We are rebuilding soon and in the new room all I need is a shelf for the turnable and the Devialet will go on the wall. My server is in another room. All we need to do is find a builder, they are all so busy.

One of the purposes of this unit was to enclose the turntable. It helps sonically and eliminates risk of damage from kids. They've now left home, hence redesigning the house.

There's a chap called Simon Gavin, he had a company called Blok that made the Stax hifi stands, which he sold to Monitor Audio as he wanted to do mainly bespoke. He's a very good designer and sensibly priced. His site is here https://audinni.com

This unit will be for sale in a few months. I had a massive system with monoblocks, lots of separates, etc. We are rebuilding soon and in the new room all I need is a shelf for the turnable and the Devialet will go on the wall. My server is in another room. All we need to do is find a builder, they are all so busy.

One of the purposes of this unit was to enclose the turntable. It helps sonically and eliminates risk of damage from kids. They've now left home, hence redesigning the house.

Small world, which reminds me I need to send over the final specs to Simon Gavin. A cabinet to house the Sony dining room system... He’s dry pleasant to talk to and has made some sound suggestions to achieve what we are seeking.

2ManyBoxes : I've got a much smaller computer desk that has a lower level for the keyboard that slides in and out.

Yeah I had something similar with a “sorta” studio desk setup till I took a brainfart one night and decided I wanted/needed a change, and done quick whilst I was still capable, beforehand below, got a new iMac in august to replace an ageing 2009 MacBook, dacmagic plus and acer 24” monitor krk rokit 5 setup and things just steamrolled into an overcompensating monster of “wants”.

50861323061_3334290fa0_4k.jpg

August 2020

2ManyBoxes : I've got a much smaller computer desk that has a lower level for the keyboard that slides in and out.

Yeah I had something similar with a “sorta” studio desk setup till I took a brainfart one night and decided I wanted/needed a change, and done quick whilst I was still capable, beforehand below, got a new iMac in august to replace an ageing 2009 MacBook, dacmagic plus and acer 24” monitor krk rokit 5 setup and things just steamrolled into an overcompensating monster of “wants”.

50861323061_3334290fa0_4k.jpg

August 2020

You've probably ended up with the best compromise given that you want to listen while using the computer and while relaxing. I can think of better ways of doing one of those things but not without compromising the other pretty much completely.

Your room really is the most acoustically treated I've ever seen on here, including a few recording studios. I personally couldn't live with that, I've had to have some sort of nod towards what might be called normal room decoration.

Good luck with your illness. With the strange times we live in it must make it worse because the NHS is under such strain at the moment. I hope you got to the end of the treatment path before covid hit. I fell off the end some years ago with my particular problem after some decades of gradual decline. Sounds like yours is going faster so all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back