System pics 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
27085137457_7bc63530e6_c.jpg

41203727631_5c837cf60f_c.jpg
26330551677_6705f3e21a_c.jpg

24299995247_6b6019433f_c.jpg

37589482846_62ea6f822d_c.jpg

@Colin L Sorry guys I'm no native. What means pad in the context? No we don't have kids.
@Cereal Killer What do you mean with breakdown? If you are asking for the setup:

Loudspeaker: Odeon Tosca S2
Amplifier: Berendsen IPA 80
DA-Converter: Mytek Stereo 192 DSD DAC
Source: Mini PC with Tidal / Foobar and NAS
Cable: XLO UltraPlus U6, Cordial CFU 1,5 CC, Vovox Initio & Lapp Kabel ÖLFLEX, no name (USB)
Acoustic: Vicoustic Omega Wood (6 pieces), Flexi A75 (10 pieces), Flexi A75 Wood (6 pieces), Flexi A 50 Ref. 22 (5 pieces), Mega Fuser Bass Trap (16 pieces), Multifuser DC2 (6 pieces)

Last edited:
The wife friendly now minimal "main" system:

Project debut 3 / 2M blue (on the upgrade list)
Lounge Audio LCR (in cupboard)
Dynaudio Xeo2
Chromecast audio (under cupboard...)

Need to figure out better speaker placement but very few options with the power socket layout in this room.

waf.JPG

Somewhere along the journey I forgot that preamps are more than just a channel switcher can reveal an important part to the musical soundfield not there when the preamp is not there -- so it very much contributes its part to the whole.

I can agree with that - folk on this forum said my old Radford SC22 should be junked and that I would do better with any old pot in a box. I thought I could improve on that by plugging the source straight into the power amp - result, sort of squashed in several ways.

Have also rearranged the room so the speakers are firing across and not being masked by the sofa, sounds much better.

Setup is now:

Modwright LS 36.5
Modwright KWI 200 (as power amp)
Shahinian Obelisks
Border Patrol SE DAC
Pink Triangle PT1
Audio Origami PU7
Audio Note Io
Audio Note AN-S2
Whest PS.30 RDT Special Edition

IMG_0348 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr
I would love to hear a pair of Obelisks , I’ve owned Arcs since the early 90’s .

In the process of moving homes, and following this thread just designing a rack from diverse great pieces of shelving wood to pull the kit into order.

Somewhat surprised no one has shown the old Quad approach of teak sleeves and a hidden poweramp.... i recall these from HFN magazines... built in horns and 303's plastered into the old fireplace was one example..... much higher WaF pics might be very helpful
Ian are you moving somewhere with broadband?

The wife friendly now minimal "main" system:

Need to figure out better speaker placement but very few options with the power socket layout in this room.

waf.JPG

Nice room but must say this pic reminds me of the time Bart videod the moment Lisa broke Ralphs heart...

I bought the SHL5+ 40th Anniversary because some people including A.S.told that it sound different compared to the SHL5+.

I was able to buy it for a fair price from the first owner and I wanted to hear the SHL5+ 40th. in my room since it was available

Also the walnut furniture matches best with our furniture . The SHL5+ 40th. were delivered today. First impression is that it sounds slightly different compared to the SHL5+ and much different compared to the SHL5.

So far I don't know wich I will prefer for long time listening because I have many not good recorded albums. The SHL5 is more forgiving because of the more recessed mids which always sounds nice and warm but sometimes you can miss some bite and clarity. Both are good and non is really better for me as often reported from SHL5+ owners.

The SHL5+ 40th. has a bit more bass weight IMHO (the damper in the reflex port is gone now) than the SHL5+ but it is tighter as the SHL5. The mids seem to be better articulated but are not as (nice) warm as the SHL5.

I bought the SHL5+ 40th Anniversary because some people including A.S.told that it sound different compared to the SHL5+.

I was able to buy it for a fair price from the first owner and I wanted to hear the SHL5+ 40th. in my room since it was available

Also the walnut furniture matches best with our furniture . The SHL5+ 40th. were delivered today. First impression is that it sounds slightly different compared to the SHL5+ and much different compared to the SHL5.

So far I don't know wich I will prefer for long time listening because I have many not good recorded albums. The SHL5 is more forgiving because of the more recessed mids which always sounds nice and warm but sometimes you can miss some bite and clarity. Both are good and non is really better for me as often reported from SHL5+ owners.

The SHL5+ 40th. has a bit more bass weight IMHO (the damper in the reflex port is gone now) than the SHL5+ but it is tighter as the SHL5. The mids seem to be better articulated but are not as (nice) warm as the SHL5.

The crossover is upgraded in the Anniversary with higher spec caps, better internal wiring, special finishes and the badges you have pictured. The range even surprised Harbeth in how popular they have been.

Sure, but if I quote I write to the person. If he haven't quoted me and only have written the post, I would't had asked him.;)

@Colin L Sorry guys I'm no native. What means pad in the context? No we don't have kids.
@Cereal Killer What do you mean with breakdown? If you are asking for the setup:

Loudspeaker: Odeon Tosca S2
Amplifier: Berendsen IPA 80
DA-Converter: Mytek Stereo 192 DSD DAC
Source: Mini PC with Tidal / Foobar and NAS
Cable: XLO UltraPlus U6, Cordial CFU 1,5 CC, Vovox Initio & Lapp Kabel ÖLFLEX, no name (USB)
Acoustic: Vicoustic Omega Wood (6 pieces), Flexi A75 (10 pieces), Flexi A75 Wood (6 pieces), Flexi A 50 Ref. 22 (5 pieces), Mega Fuser Bass Trap (16 pieces), Multifuser DC2 (6 pieces)
Your Odeons have very beautiful baffles- looks like burr elm to my eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back